Rubbermaid Closet Designer Software

Need help designing your closet? Look no further. Rubbermaid has just launched the Rubbermaid Closet Designer to aid with choosing just the right closet configuration.

Get started today!  Visit the Rubbermaid Closet Designer and your dreams can become reality.

15 Responses to Rubbermaid Closet Designer Software

1. Donna July 24, 2013 at 9:35 am #

Dear Rubbermaid,

I am having the same problem that other users have mentioned. I get the tool to put up the basic frame from the Design Ideas, but when I go to Accessories and try to drag and drop, it won’t “attach” the accessories I’ve selected (yes, there is room, all I have up at this point is the basic framing). I had this problem the first time I tried the tool. I couldn’t get anything to attach to the first wall and gave up. I gave it a try again and have managed to get two walls designed, but now when I am at the third and final wall, I am having that issue again.

I am a bit disappointed in your response above that issues with the tool are probably the end user’s fault. I’m sure in some cases it is, but that is a rather dismissive and blanket statuement to make. Others have described exactly the problem I am having, and that is not a user issue. Your website says to drag and drop accessories, then your website does not allow it to happen. That is not an end user issue.

It would be great if you could give me a comment that would be helpful. I had previously looked at Elfa, but Rubbermaid caught my eye due to the fact that it’s much more affordable. If this can’t be resolved (or you continue to blame your customers), I may end up paying more and going with the more user friendly tool.

• Donna July 24, 2013 at 9:44 am #

Me again. Note to all users who were having this problem. It’s not our fault, after all. If you click on “Reset Wall” in the upper right of the tool, then add the framing again, you will then be allowed to drag and drop accessories. Wish I’d figured that out before having to complain about it, but kinda glad I did so that I could provide some help, when all Rubbermaid seems inclined to provide is blame.

2. Meghan December 30, 2012 at 11:02 pm #

Design tool would be much more helpful if it provided accurate amounts of the materials needed for the design. For example, the tool suggested we needed 157 brackets for a 10′ section and failed to provide other items (rods, tie rack, etc) that were in the plan.

3. kim December 17, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

The site stops on section 2…can’t pick walk in closet only open wall and reach in. when you put the shelves up on there as the set it gives you, when you take a shelf away, it removes that whole vertical section. I used this a few months ago and it worked great. now it is just frustrating and I can’t get my parts list.

4. Rob October 24, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

Oh dear. Every comment is negative. Rubbermaid is an iconic brand and has been for many years — what’s the problem with this software?

• Rubbermaid October 24, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Rob, I believe the comments stem from not meeting the specific users needs. Some people want the tool to be a full blown CAD software tool. Others want the tool to be more of an inspiration guide.

Through various other forums, we receive plenty of positive comments too.

It’s just really hard to make everyone happy. But we still try.

5. mitch@design October 27, 2011 at 9:58 am #

is this working ? because I am searching for a good software about closet designing.. I guess a lot of people are looking for this kind of software especially those people who like designing.

6. Bill Putnam June 5, 2011 at 7:46 pm #

I must agree with everyone about this %&*#^ design tool. It won’t do what it’s supposed to. Freezes up or just refuses to move things where I want them to go. I thought it was my inexperience at first but after the fifth try, and after reading other comments, it has become clear that rubbermade closet design is, as Allan said, best left to a pencil and graph paper. Glad my frustration is shared by all.

7. Allan Colgan May 31, 2010 at 10:18 am #

I just bought my first house at 66 years of age. We have too many clothes to hang in our small closets in this house. I am planning to design a walk-in closet for storage in our basement. I found your information at Lowe’s and decided to use your web site to plan my project. Worst use of my time in a long time. I couldn’t print anything; the design icons wouldn’t go where I wanted them to go; couldn’t save or change the design. I can do a better job with pencil and paper. Come to think of it, I will do exactly that. I might, repeat, might still buy your product when I finish my paper and pencil blueprint. Might, doesn’t mean I will definitely buy, just might. I could design my own shelving instead.

8. bob April 24, 2010 at 7:20 pm #

Jim
    This is the worst design software i have ever used.
    it has single handedly driven me from ever using rubbermaid products ever.
    Bob A

9. Jim Deitzel October 29, 2009 at 1:02 pm #

Joe, The closet design tool did not change. It’s the same as it always was.

10. Joe October 28, 2009 at 8:44 pm #

This new tool is inferior to the previous tool offered. When will rubbermaid return the old tool?

• SNay September 27, 2012 at 11:35 am #

I totally agree! How do you setup the curved hanging bar? Very inferior to the previous tool.

11. Jim Deitzel October 6, 2009 at 11:58 am #

John, we have redesigned our site since this page last year. I’ve updated the link. You can also find it below.
    Thanks for letting me know.

12. John October 6, 2009 at 10:03 am #