Closet Design Tool – Design your Closet with our Interactive Closet Designer

Closet-design-tool Have you ever just stood in front (or in) your closet and wished you had a tool that would allow you to easily imagine what your closet would look like in a different configuration or layout? Me too!

Often before I start a project around the home I spend a significant amount of time trying to imagine and visualize the best way to complete the task.  Just this weekend I installed some lattice underneath my deck so you couldn’t see underneath it.  I don’t know how long I stood there figuring out exactly what I wanted to do and how to accomplish it.

Well, Rubbermaid is about to make your life a little easier.  A few months ago we soft-launched (which means we launched but didn’t promote) the Interactive Closet Designer on Rubbermaid.com. Now we would like to let the entire world know about this great new tool. It allows you to quickly and easily design your dream closet.  You just drag and drop different closet pieces to visualize what your closet would look like if you “moved this here, moved that there”.  You can also generate a shopping list that can be taken to the store to help with your purchase. I think you’ll love it!

Below are directly links to the various Closet Design tools as well as a quick video that shows you how simple it is to use.

P.S. If you try the Closet Designer tool, send us your comments.  Let us know what you think.  Did it work well? How can it be better? Enjoy!

—————————————————————————-

Click here to access the design tool!

, , ,

15 Responses to Closet Design Tool – Design your Closet with our Interactive Closet Designer

1. Chris August 11, 2013 at 8:00 am #

don’t care for the design tool. Very disappointed that not all shelf solutions are available. Where is the corner connection shelf that is used in corner overlap areas? The drag and drop is too restrictive. Does not offer true design functions. Is there another interactive design tool available because this one isn’t for someone that is serious about closet designing. UGH!

2. sammie August 2, 2013 at 11:47 pm #

I am on a nexus tablet and when I click on the link in blue it brings up a Rubbermaid page that is blank can anyone help me get the tool to load.

• Jim Deitzel August 5, 2013 at 7:25 am #

Sammie, The Rubbermaid Closet Designer application is built using Adobe Flash. Flash does not run on tablets. Sorry.

3. Elizabeth October 12, 2012 at 10:17 am #

Can’t get the closet designer. I click on the links, it takes me to the page, but there is nothing there.

• Erin Gentry October 15, 2012 at 3:48 pm #

Hi Elizabeth – It does take a little while for the closet designer to load on the page. You also need Java installed on your computer to run the closet designer. If you have more problems, please contact consumer services at 888-895-2110 from 8:30 am EST to 5 pm EST Monday through Friday.

4. Christine July 31, 2012 at 8:12 pm #

Hi.
    I’d like to use the tool. Where do I go to download it ?
    All I see is the youtube video on how to use it.

5. Christine July 31, 2012 at 8:10 pm #

Hi.
    Designer tool sounds great. I’d like to try it out. All I see is the video on how to use the tool, but not the tool itself ?
    Where is it ?

6. Susan February 5, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

Can’t find a corner shelf on closet designer!??

7. -j October 15, 2011 at 10:36 am #

I wanted to use your closet designer but have MAC and iPad. Apple does NOT recommend using Flash so unable to use. Will therefore not be buying Rubbermaid system!

8. closet design Chicago March 25, 2011 at 10:29 pm #

I’m one of the lucky ones who has the luxury of having my own closet. It’s a converted bedroom with a closet, and I’ve been flirting with the idea of using the closet as a built-in desk space, mainly because I love compartmentalized spaces. Thanks for the great inspiration!

9. Jim Deitzel February 28, 2011 at 11:06 am #

Joan, Thanks for the comment. A few of us tried to recreate this issue and didn’t experience any problems. It’s something we’ll keep our eye on though.
    Sorry it didn’t work for you.

10. Joan February 28, 2011 at 10:16 am #

This tool doesn’t work. When you select any closet, it defaults to an 8′ measurement, and then loops back to Step 2. Would be great if it functioned.

11. Jim Deitzel October 26, 2009 at 7:28 am #

Thanks for letting me know about the links. We recently redesigned Rubbermaid.com and most of the links changed.

12. K October 25, 2009 at 8:57 pm #

is this still available? when I click the link it says it isn’t.