Below are just a few simple Holiday leftover tips. If you have any additional tips please feel free to add using the comments button below. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Use Refrigerator Thermometer to make sure refrigerator is set at 40 degrees F or lower.
- Refrigerate leftovers within two hours of purchase or use.
- Never defrost at room temperature. Thaw food in containers in the refrigerator. For quick thaw, submerge in cold water in an airtight container.
- Separate large amounts of leftovers into small shallow containers for quicker cooling.
- Avoid overstuffing your refrigerator. Cold air must circulate to keep food safe.
- Hot food can be placed directly into the refrigerator, but it must be divided into shallow to allow for quicker cooling.
- Refrigeration DOES NOT prevent bacterial growth!