When I moved, I did gain some extra indoor space but the one thing I lost was garage space. As a result, I had to maximize my laundry room to accommodate for laundry needs, as well as the items that were traditionally kept in the garage. Below is what I did to make this space work for me.
Step 1: Laundry Area
Taking Configurations closet systems, I arranged 3 shelves above my washer / dryer. Using Slide & Stack baskets, I grouped my laundry items into a few categories. The Slide & Stacks are great because it allows me to only pull out the basket I need at the time, such as:
- Handwashing (Woolite, etc.)
- Ironing supplies, spray starch
- Microfiber cloths for cleaning
- General cleaning supplies
- Stain removal, treatment
- Accessories, such as dryer sheets, wrinkle releaser, etc.
- Dryel & pads
- Drill / charger
- Common tools such as hammer, screwdrivers (a regular toolbox frustrated me because it took so much time to pull it out and find it in the general mass of random tools)
- Nuts / bolts / screws / nails
- Circular saw
All in all, while I miss the large amount of space I had in my garage, it has been a fairly good system to keep up with everything. As always, if anyone has any ideas, send them my way!!