Krista Colvin, Organize in Style – Professional Organizer + Lifestyle Expert – Camas, Washington – www.TheShebang.com
1. How long have you been a professional organizer?
2. What inspired you to become a professional organizer?
As a new mother on an extended leave of absence from my high school teaching position, I found myself watching a LOT of the Home + Garden channel! It was there I discovered that people actually help others get organized and do it as a business! I was so excited to learn that I could combine my teaching skills with my organizing traits… and work around my “mom schedule”.
3. What is the most common organizing project you’re hired to do?
Hands down…overall consultations! Many of my clients are organized woman that are in some type of transition that has messed with their organized lifestyle. They are looking for ideas and solutions to create functional spaces.
4. What is the most common organizing challenge people have?
Paper is always a challenge.
5. If you had to pick ‘your’ biggest organizing challenge, what would it be?
I’m a piler. I love to have my little piles around me on a big ol’ desk.
6. What one tips would you give to people who are trying to get organized?
Start on a small and emotionally low risk project. Then work your way up to more emotionally charged areas. A kitchen pantry is a great example. It’s simple to sort, purge and put back together. The emotional risk is low because no one is attached to expired food. Your clothes closet and childhood keepsakes… well those are filled with emotions and are best dealt with after tackling a project or two!
7. How can potential clients get in touch with you?
www.theShebang.com or www.organizeinstyleblog.com For more about Krista Colvin visit http://organizeinstyle.typepad.com/the_shebang/about.html