Now that we've selected the winner of the Rubbermaid Get Organized contest we've begun the process of planning the makeover.
We started by having Aimee take photos of her garage and make a list of the items that are currently stored there. Below are a few photos along with the list she generated.
- Yard equipment including a lawn mower, rakes, shovels, weed wacker, leaf blower, pole trimmer, electric shears, extension cords.
- Sports equipment such as balls, tennis rackets, cleats and bike helmets.
- Stuff that would be great for a cabinet such as paint, weed killer, motor oil.
- Back packs, and coats and gloves that could use hooks to hang on.
- A huge Sears hard top car carrier.
- Beach chairs, chairs in bags, boogie board.
- A Rubbermaid container of pool/beach toys.
- An adult bike, 2 kids bikes, a small bike with training wheels, a tricycle and 3 scooters.
- Some tools such as drills.
- A double jogging stroller that we use every day.
- A total gym and a stationary bike (that we’d like unearthed so they are useful).
- A large artificial tree in a bag.
- 2 ladders, a power washer, a small shop vac.
- A cooler and a beverage cooler.
- A small space heater.
- Oh, and a stereo my husband refuses to get rid of.
- I’ve started buying in bulk to save money and if I could make space in the garage for food that would be great.
- In our back yard we have a Rubbermaid chest that we use for kids toys
Once we received this information from Aimee we setup a call between her and Carson Tate, the Certified Professional Organizer®. The call was about 30 minutes and was lead by Carson. We discussed Aimee's frustrations, how she uses her garage, and most importantly, what success look likes when we're done.
Anyway, the call went really well. We are all really excited to see the finished project. We're aiming to work on the project on February 27th. I'll keep you posted.