Pre-Garage Sale

We've been really busy with college visits and out-of-town guests, but we’re finally getting organized for our Garage Sale.

My husband and I decided to divide and conquer. He took the garage and miscellaneous shelves/storage areas in the house while I weeded through closets, one by one.

My husband did a good job cleaning up some dusty furniture, file cabinets and sports equipment no longer in use. My daughter definitely had an overstock of baby tees and blouses she could part with. I found a ½ dozen prom and bridesmaid dresses and a full dozen of nice dress slacks my husband hasn’t worn since we got married.

Blogging 026    Blogging 014

Combine that with 3 sets of old dishes, 4 sets of matching bedding, a small library of paperback books, a TV, boombox and stereo and I think our driveway is full.

We now have an almost empty closet we can now use for seasonal clothing.
And remember the teenagers room? Messy room   Look at it now!

Clean room

This is exciting!  We bought in-expensive dot stickers at the office supply store to price everything and bright neon cardboard for signs. I’ll let you know how it goes.

, , ,

8 Responses to Pre-Garage Sale

1. Regina June 8, 2012 at 1:43 am #

Great finds. You seem to find the neatest games. I don’t beileve I’ve ever seen your version of the Magic Robot game. The lettering is very 1970 . If your robot is gold , it is a rarer version. Take your time researching this one don’t sell it too cheaply.

2. Shelving Galore March 9, 2010 at 6:20 am #

If you haven’t used it or even thought of using it for the past two years you don’t really need it! Us humans are hoarders and gatherers by nature, and I have rid myself of the excess on several occasions already, just to be amazed how quickly it all re-accumulates again!

3. Recycling Stickers December 3, 2009 at 6:40 am #

. . you both do continue your job , the dot stickers creates fantastic look area where it is to be pasted as my perception

4. Ashley November 25, 2009 at 12:16 am #

I’m really hoping it wasn’t my boom box and TV you sold!! But yes April’s room is much improved. I’ll let you guys come help me clean out my closets in a few weeks when I move out! YAY!!

5. peppere Viau November 23, 2009 at 1:42 pm #

The hardest part is letting go of things that you saved because “you’ll use them again”, you think. We always saw a neat April’s room. If it looked like “messy room” before we got there, then, someone did a great job in cleaning.
    If anyone has not seen the striped wall, I hope Betty shows it off on the blog. It’s a piece of art that she and the girls should be proud of.
    Good luck with the sale.

6. Joanne November 20, 2009 at 4:30 pm #

It’s nice to finally be able to see your beautiful brand new carpeting now that the clothes are all put away. We need to see the striped wall too!

7. Tammy November 20, 2009 at 4:22 pm #

Yup, April might strangle your neck. Na, her room didn’t look bad for a teenager but it sure does look nice after you got in there.

8. Lauren Spahr November 20, 2009 at 2:32 pm #

Wow; what an improvement in her room! I can’t wait to hear about how the yard sale goes. I’ll need some pointers for my mom’s!