Bathroom Blues

The "Life is Changing" saga continues. The big spaces, like the bedrooms and garage have been tidied, but there's alot of work to do in a couple closets. But more troubling is under the cabinets. How can a space so small gather such an array of clutter?

Situation: two girls shared a bathroom. Older daughter moved out on her own. Younger daughter will go off to college in the fall. We have a dog that has a love/hate relationship with bathroom waste baskets. How do I begin with this?

Step #1: Remove the leave behinds from daughter #1.

Step #2: Keep things accessible to daughter #2,  but inaccessible to dog.

Looking for guidance and advice. Help.

Blogging 022 Blogging 020

, , ,

8 Responses to Bathroom Blues

1. Evan October 15, 2016 at 2:41 pm #

I just couldn’t leave your site prior to suggesting that I really loved the usual information an individual provide to your guests? Is going to be back steadily in order to check out new posts

2. seo plugin October 15, 2016 at 6:02 am #

Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword….wait there’s even more Now what if i told you there was a simple WordPress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That’s right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at. Seo Plugin

3. Letty October 15, 2016 at 5:24 am #

You have a terrific blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my weblog?

4. Warren October 6, 2016 at 8:05 am #

Superb website you have here but I was curious if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics discussed in this article? I’d really like to be a part of community where I can get advice from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Bless you!

5. Kathy P July 28, 2011 at 6:06 pm #

I have learned to organize my home while my sons were little. Rubbermaid products are my best friend, from the drawer organizers to the sliding bins. I moved to a townhouse half the size of my home after a divorce. It was a real mistake to get rid of the products I didn’t think I’d need. I ended up replacing items to use in other areas of the house. I especially like the sliding bins for under the kitchen and bathroom sinks. I’m on my way to buy some for two more bathrooms. They are great, especially in small areas. I advise anyone setting up their first home to invest in Rubbermaid products. You’ll never be sorry. And don’t get rid of any that are currently being unused. You need them later down the road. I found out the hard way.

6. Janet March 5, 2010 at 1:38 pm #

I have a very small bathroom and only a couple places to store things. Underneath the bathroom sink I brought baskets and put things in that. In the closet where I keep my towels, etc., I found instead of folding them I roll with wash cloth and hand towel together, so when you go to use them sets are all together. Any extra misplaced towels I just fold and stack to the side.
    Sometimes I might take shampoo or rinse and empty them into another bottle that is half full, sure gets rid of extra little amounts of shampoo, etc.

7. shris December 11, 2009 at 12:14 pm #

OK, step 1 is to get it all out where you can see it. That is, take all the stuff out of there and get it into another room entirely.
    If you can, spread it all out on the dining room table or the biggest bed (with a protective covering to keep any drips off the sheets!). Examine the contents.
    This is where you get rid of the gunk and identify the keep stuff.
    Once you have all the trash out and not-save stuff gone, then you can look at how much stuff is left and how to organize it.
    Generally, like should go with like, maybe separating short stuff from tall stuff so you can use multi-level storage. Frequently-used goes in front, less used in back. Duplicates can maybe go into a different storage area if you have room somewhere else for the extra shampoos or whatever.
    Once you have the stuff grouped, you can see what sort of containment will suit each grouping. Shelves, baskets, drawers, sliding racks, etc. You can also get your dimensions for the vanity and the groupings so you can shop for the stuff you need.
    But the good tips are:
    Get rid of the trash and giveaways first.
    Group the stuff.
    Measure the stuff.
    THEN go shopping.
    🙂

8. lauren December 11, 2009 at 9:57 am #

Betty – slide and stack baskets are great solutions to help!