FastTrack – Not Just for the Garage

So, here it is – our previously disorganized laundry room (a.k.a. utility closet, first floor storage facility, and dog room.)

One of the main issues with this room was that we couldn't use this really cool laundry chute.  If we used it, the clothes would drop onto this shelf and then drop into the middle of the floor.  The shelves are great, but the laundry chute was not usable with the shelves there.

Laundry9

Problem two – we had a ton of different things stored in here and there was no rhyme or reason as to what was stored where.  Dog food/treats/toys, cleaning supplies, laundry soaps, extra napkins and plastic utensils, citronella candles…you get the point.  The plan was to keep all of this in this room, but just get it organized.

Laundry3

Third issue – dish rags, dog towels, etc. always piled up on the dryer, waiting to be cleaned.  I wanted to have a place for these items to go before they went into the washing machine.

In order to get our laundry room organized, I thought that the FastTrack system could be a great option.  It was designed to work in the garage, but it seemed like such a versatile system, so why not try it in the laundry room?  I heard it was easy to use, quick to install, and that it actually worked.  So, I looked through the FastTrack product catalog, made a few measurements, received my products, and got started.  I also used a few Rubbermaid clear containers to help organize the shelves.

So here it is – my newly organized laundry room.

We’ve organized the shelves with some clear Rubbermaid containers.

Laundry2

We’ve made the laundry chute usable and eliminated the pile of clothes on the dryer.  I absolutely LOVE my hanging laundry basket!

Laundry8

Laundry5

We’ve also used FastTrack to organize all of our dog stuff and all of our extra paper plates, spoons, cups, etc.

Laundry6

Laundry4

Laundry7

The best part of this project was my husband’s comments and excitement throughout the installation process:  “I’m impressed. I’m a fan of products that work well."

This project went better than expected.  I'm looking forward to the next organization project!

, , , ,

11 Responses to FastTrack – Not Just for the Garage

1. minecraft juego October 14, 2016 at 6:20 am #

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images on this blog
    loading? I’m trying to find out if its a problem on my end or
    if it’s the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. descargar minecraft 1.9 para pc October 13, 2016 at 3:20 pm #

Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with
    hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no back up.
    Do you have any solutions to protect against hackers?

3. descargar minecraft premium October 12, 2016 at 8:02 pm #

Hi there it’s me, I am also visiting this site daily, this
    web page is really pleasant and the visitors are in fact
    sharing nice thoughts.

4. como descargar minecraft para windows phone October 12, 2016 at 10:23 am #

Ahaa, its fastidious dialogue regarding this post here at this web
    site, I have read all that, so now me also commenting
    at this place.

5. minecraft October 11, 2016 at 9:41 am #

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while
    you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog website?
    The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your
    broadcast provided bright clear idea

6. descargar minecraft no premium October 10, 2016 at 12:28 pm #

I have been surfing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like
    yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all webmasters
    and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

7. Shannon April 8, 2010 at 9:22 am #

The craft room sounds like a great place to try out FastTrack. If you decide to install it, let me know how it goes!

8. Deb April 7, 2010 at 11:50 am #

Maybe this creative solution would work in my craft room!! I love the way you made it work for you! I live in an old farm house – which I wouldn’t trade for anything – but there are no closets! So, other than putting things in the basement – there is no storage.

9. Lauren Halagarda January 30, 2010 at 1:25 pm #

Very clever solution for catching the laundry, Shannon! I’ve always wanted one #jealous (even though I live on one floor 😉

10. Megan G January 28, 2010 at 3:03 pm #

I’m so jealous that you have a laundry shoot – how fun!! It looks like the hanging basket works perfectly! Very creative use of the FastTrack system. I’m impressed.

11. Sue January 28, 2010 at 1:25 pm #

Very cool! Glad to see you’ve got a working system in that “catch all” room. Great ideas,…I might have to steal some.