Liz Jenkins :: www.afreshspace.com
:: Home Staging :: Professional Organizing :: Project Management
:: National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO)
:: NAWBO Nashville Board of Directors
1) How long have you been a professional organizer?
I've been an organizer for 4 years.
2) What is the most common organizing project you’re hired to do?
Home offices & papers (piles and piles of paper!) followed by estate work (people who have inherited lots of stuff and don’t know what to do with it)
3) What is the most common organizing challenge people have?
Either not being able to let go of things (and realizing that they are just ‘things’) or maintaining a specific home for items (so they can find them when they need them)
4) If you had to pick ‘your’ biggest organizing challenge, what would it be?
Trying to cram too many tasks into too short a time! I always think I can get more done than is actually humanly possible – usually work on the computer or household chores – I’m pretty good with errands.
5) What one tip would you give to people who are trying to get organized?
Have an end goal in mind: What will my life look like when I’m “organized”. Being organized looks different for each person so being clear about what a person’s needs are is really critical.
6) What is your philosophy when it comes to organizing?
Mindfulness is key. Organizing isn’t just about stuff, it’s about truly understanding how a client thinks and how they work so systems that are created really suit them. I encourage my clients to analyze their thought processes when we work so we can get out of habits that aren’t working and develop new ones that do.
7) How can potential clients get in touch with you?
You can visit my website at www.afreshspace.com, follow me on Twitter: @afreshspace or call me at 615.509.1933. Contact me when you are ready to make a change in your life!