Ultimate Man Closet

Before the holidays, I wrote a post about my friend Ryan's closet.  He recently moved and I told him I would help him get set-up in his new house.  It is the second year I have done this, with my first being my friend  Randi's closet which was done last December

Thanks to everyone who provided tips for the makeover.  There were two in particular that I modeled the closet after:

The first came from Taulpaul who said…I
typically hang everything but sweaters and t-shirts. If I were to redo
my closet, I would find a way to bring the shoes to a middle tier in
the closet. They are hard to get to through the heavy coats and pants
when they are on the floor.

tonya said…I
think especially for men it's beneficial to have the most you can
hanging so it's easy to flip through without creating a mess and easily
encourages them to hang stuff back up. I prefer a pants on the bottom
and shirts on top 2 rows of hanging space to maximize space.

Set-up was a breeze.  As much as I like re-organizing things, it is nice to start from scratch!  Also, Ryan had used a dresser for most of his tee shirts and jeans, so we really only had to organize the work attire.

We used a Homefree Closet System as the base for the project.    This system is flexible, so we were able to modify and change things around as we were installing to be able to set the closet up exactly how we wanted it.  We used a Deluxe, because it includes 2 extender brackets that allow you to go down further in the closet to hang more shelving which we knew was important with the shoes.

In the end, this was the final design:

Although I am hesitant to admit this (Betty and our closet product engineer might tease me), the biggest lesson I learned was to follow the installation directions.   The instructions indicate how high to start the top horizontal rail (which is the basis for the system), but we hung it a little bit lower to make more room at the top of the closet.   I have done this before and it worked out fine.  However, I am 5 ' 2", and my clothes are a just a wee bit shorter than Ryan's who is probably over 6' tall.  Luckily, it ended up working out just perfectly, but if I were to do it again, I would start at the exact point the directions told us to avoid a little bit of the stress.

Thanks all for your help and I can't wait to see what next year's New Years Eve makeover will be!

, , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to Ultimate Man Closet

1. Louie October 15, 2016 at 1:00 pm #

Oh my goodness! an astounding article dude. Thank you Nonetheless I’m experiencing problem with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody receiving identical rss trouble? Everyone who knows kindly respond.

2. descargar minecraft pocket edition gratis October 13, 2016 at 1:33 pm #

Paragraph writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with after that you can write or else it is difficult
    to write.

3. descargar minecraft October 13, 2016 at 8:39 am #

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
    and found that it is really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels.

I will be grateful if you continue this in future.
    Numerous people will be benefited from your
    writing. Cheers!

4. descargar minecraft 1.9 October 12, 2016 at 5:49 am #

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?
    My blog discusses a lot of the same topics as yours
    and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are
    interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing
    from you! Excellent blog by the way!

5. minecraft October 10, 2016 at 7:32 pm #

Ahaa, its good dialogue regarding this piece
    of writing here at this blog, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.

6. descargar minecraft 1.10 gratis October 10, 2016 at 2:25 pm #

I used to be able to find good information from your articles.

7. como descargar minecraft para pc October 8, 2016 at 8:23 am #

Hi, Neat post. There’s an issue together with your web site in internet
    explorer, might test this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader
    and a good section of other people will pass over your fantastic
    writing because of this problem.

8. Stacy October 6, 2016 at 7:59 am #

I think other website proprietors should take this website as an model, very clean and excellent user friendly style and design, as well as the content. You are an expert in this topic!

9. Dane January 4, 2010 at 10:46 pm #

Thanks! I’ll be saving these ideas for when I build my new closet in the spring. Dane

10. Ryan Hojnacki January 4, 2010 at 2:20 pm #

I really appreciate your help with this project! I am so happy with how things turned out and absolutely love the system. Having the option to move things around and change it in the future is a great benefit too.
    Thanks so much!