Closets Fit For a King! (OK, maybe a small King)

A little over a year ago my wife and I purchased our first house. While we were enthralled in emotion of owning our new home, our hearts sank a little when we realized how much there was to do on our big investment.

Our house was originally built in the early 70's but has been added on to several times over the last 30 years. Compared to the new houses that are being built today, one of the things that our house lacked was closet space. Unfortunately there is no way to structurally expand the closets because of the stairway that connects the first and second floor so we had to make the best of the space that we had. Because our closets are very small (approximately the size of small coat closet) you can see that the current setup is very limiting.

Before

I went online this weekend and using the interactive closet tool on the rubbermaid site, I have come up with a design using the Configurations® closet system that I believe will help us to organize our closets more efficiently.

Closet_2
As you can see, I have started clearing out the closets for the transformation.

After
I'll keep you posted on the progress.

, , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to Closets Fit For a King! (OK, maybe a small King)

1. Malia October 15, 2016 at 12:48 pm #

Hey there fantastic website! Does running a blog like this require a large amount of work? I’ve absolutely no expertise in programming but I was hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyhow, if you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject but I just needed to ask. Thanks!

2. juegos de minecraft para descargar October 14, 2016 at 8:02 am #

Wow! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a entirely different
    subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb choice of colors!

3. minecraft October 13, 2016 at 11:36 pm #

Hello my loved one! I want to say that this article
    is awesome, great written and come with almost
    all significant infos. I would like to look extra posts like
    this .

4. minecraft October 12, 2016 at 10:29 pm #

Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I
    realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and
    checking back frequently!

5. minecraft October 12, 2016 at 6:47 am #

Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you
    have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for
    a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it

6. Mammie October 6, 2016 at 8:07 am #

There’s noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made sure nice points in options also.

7. twittle dee July 23, 2012 at 2:24 am #

hmmm, and 2 years later he still has not finished his closet?

8. Rob March 10, 2011 at 10:35 pm #

I am about to do two similar closets and have just finished a linen closet. Can’t wait to see what you do. How deep and wide is your closet?

9. Sydney Fernandez April 23, 2010 at 2:05 am #

I can’t wait to see the finished closet. My situation is no different from yours. And I keep thinking, I had more closet space in my 1 BR apartment then I do in my new 3 BR home 😉

10. Zack Potts March 11, 2010 at 5:07 pm #

Re: TypePad: [Rubbermaid – Adventures in Organization] lauren submitted a comment on Closets Fit For a King! (OK, maybe a small King)
    Thanks Lauren! Were looking forward to the finished product. Ill keep you posted.

11. lauren March 11, 2010 at 9:55 am #

Zack – I look forward to seeing how it turns out. I have used the system in a number of closets in my home: 1) master 2) craft 3) laundry 4) coat 5) guest bedroom and 6) hosting closet. The thing that I would emphasize is using the extender brackets to go all the way to the floor, fully maximizing the closet’s vertical space. The rest is easy. Be careful…it gets addictive!