Drink More Water, Save the World!

WaterBottles

60% of our bodies are made of water (mine must have some percentage of coffee in there…). The interwebs say you should drink about eight 8oz glasses of water a day (roughly 1.9 liters). I know I need to drink more water daily, but for some reason getting a glass out of the cabinet, filling it up and then downing it, sometimes seems like too much trouble (I'm pretty lazy). I need convenience!

At the height of convenience, is bottled water… But I just can't do it, though crazy convenient, my environmental guilt overwhelms me.

Solution? Get a bunch of
water bottles, fill them up, and stick em' in the fridge. Reusable, zero guilt, and it keeps this lazy gal (and her hubby) hydrated!

, , , , , , ,

36 Responses to Drink More Water, Save the World!

1. ann September 19, 2011 at 11:13 am #

They have these in our Hyvee stores now here in 2011===out again for October’s BCA month (Breast Cancer Awareness).

2. Maggie November 24, 2010 at 4:59 am #

Hi, I recently bought a soft pink/clearish Rubbermaid water bottle, I think it is called a 20oz Chug. My local grocery store was selling them for Breast Cancer Awareness month in October. I want to buy a few more of them and cannot find them anywhere. Rubbermaid site said Target has them but I cannot find them online at Target either. Can someone please help me, I have been looking for a few years for a really perfect water bottle and now that I found it, I cannot find any more.
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Maggie

3. Patricia M April 29, 2010 at 9:07 pm #

I just recently stocked up on rubbermaid bottles for water too. And as I thought, I love them. So convenient, economic, and one more way to get that water in that helps t keep us healthy. I have not met a Rubbermaid product I didn’t like!! Keep up the good work.
    Tish

4. Sam Aron April 22, 2010 at 2:40 pm #

Hi Steven, love that idea! I might give that one a try.. especially with spring here, I’m always all up in my vegetable garden and super COLD water that stays cold sounds like a must. Thanks for the tip!

5. Sam Aron April 22, 2010 at 2:39 pm #

Darryl, I’m so sorry! That’s actually happened to me before, but it was in my purse.The bottles pictured in this post are an older design… we’ve recently released a NEW water bottle design that I’ve found are better for tossing in a gym bag. Sorry for your wet gym clothes :) Hope you try the new ones and they don’t let you down!

6. Sam Aron April 22, 2010 at 2:36 pm #

I love Brita filter pitchers too. Try out the pre-filled bottles, hope it works for you! Thanks for the comment!

7. Sam Aron April 22, 2010 at 2:34 pm #

You definitely ARE NOT the only one, Margie :) . Great minds think a like! Its smart, eco-friendly and hydrating-licious.

8. Steven Godfrey April 13, 2010 at 11:42 pm #

We all enjoy a glass or bottle of really cold water in the heat of the summertime. With that in mind, why not use a reusable drinking bottle, fill it 3/4 full with either tap water or from your water cooler, put it in the freezer at a 45 degree angle. When it freezes, you now have enough room to fill it the remaining of the bottle. The water you pour in will stay really cold for a long time since you have your own built in ice cube. Put 5 or 6 of these into the freezer on Friday night. They will be ready for you Saturday when you’re out doing yardwork and want to stay cool and refreshed.

9. Darryl April 13, 2010 at 8:24 pm #

Love the idea, but I found that the design of the flip-top bottles pictured here (I had a blue-top one) was not great, in that they often opened in my gym bag.

10. QponLady April 13, 2010 at 11:44 am #

Great idea! I actually have several reusable water bottles and we recently purchased the largest Brita filter pitcher we possibly could. (Well, it’s been about four months now, so I suppose not so recent.) It never really occurred to me to do this though.

11. Margie April 12, 2010 at 2:45 pm #

I do the same thing…my family drinks more H2O because it’s so easy to grab a bottle and go. We have a well and I use filters. The bottles can be put in the dishwasher so they are always sterile. Friends think I’m crazy…glad to know I am not the only one.

12. Sam Aron April 7, 2010 at 2:58 pm #

Hi Drew, Thanks for the comment! I can definitely appreciate your concern. We believe in offering consumers choices in all the products we make, and we have a number of our water bottles that are BPA free (the chemical that most are concerned about when it comes to plastics). You can see images and learn more about the topic on this page of our site – http://www.rubbermaid.com/Pages/LearnAboutBPA.aspx
    So check them out sometime (glad you have some Rubbermaid product that you are enjoying, beyond water bottles :) .

13. Drew R. April 7, 2010 at 12:14 pm #

I have a great many Rubbermaid products in my home and garage, but water bottles are not included. We should not be drinking out of plastic bottles of any type – the plastic leaches into the water and mimics estrogen in the body. This is especially bad for boys. You don’t need to take my word for it….read the book ‘Boys Adrift’ by Dr. Leonard Sax. There is plenty of documented proof of this fact in the book.

14. Nicole k March 8, 2010 at 8:02 am #

A certain someone *wink* gave me a Rubbermaid water bottle and I use it all the time. I make “rules” for myself to make sure I’m drinking enough water. I have to drink 1 full bottle before lunch and 1 full bottle before dinner and then try really hard to drink at least a 1/2 bottle before dinner. :-)

15. Sam Aron March 5, 2010 at 10:27 am #

Thanks, Megan G… Hope you and your husband stay organized, happy and hydrated for many years to come!

16. Sam Aron March 5, 2010 at 10:26 am #

Maybe that can be our new tagline :) “Simple & Brilliant” Thanks for the comment Catalina!

17. Megan G March 5, 2010 at 9:12 am #

I’m SO going to do this! My husband always wants to buy bottled water so it’s easier to grab on the way out the door. Now we will just have bottled water, but in different (and way more environmentally-friendly) bottles! Such a good idea. Simple. Brilliant :)

18. Catalina March 5, 2010 at 12:59 am #

simple & brilliant.
    i don’t think we drink enough water either!

19. Sam Aron March 4, 2010 at 5:11 pm #

Thanks Debra! You should get this on in your own fridge! As a trusty RM employee, Im sure you have a few water bottles at home :)

20. Sam Aron March 4, 2010 at 5:07 pm #

See? A prefilled waterbottle is perfect for everyone! From a savvy party girl to the eco-conscious housewife :) Who says organization isnt fun?

21. Sam Aron March 4, 2010 at 5:05 pm #

Sean-Paul, you are a wealth of knowledge on the power of water, sir! And agreed, that Rubbermaid RefillReuse logo and packaging is off the chart!

22. Sam Aron March 4, 2010 at 5:03 pm #

Here here, Chris! No need toss your plastic water bottles, if you can just reuse one. Besides, then the water is FREE!

23. Sam Aron March 4, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

TOTALLY not cheating! Have you seen the new packaging for Crystal Light? Killer rebrand! Alexa, my fav flavor that I keep with me at work is Fruit Punch. Everyone needs some flavor sometimes. We keep a food storage container with cut lemons and limes next to our stash of bottles for quick access too.

24. Debra Price March 4, 2010 at 4:13 pm #

Kool idea Sam!

25. angelfood March 4, 2010 at 4:11 pm #

I have “a friend” who does this when she has tied one on. Come home from a night out, grab a prefilled water bottle and then leave one by the bed. No hangover in the a.m. if you hydrate all night!

26. Sean-Paul March 4, 2010 at 3:58 pm #

Great idea! You know I love the water – cold, warm, on the rocks… It’s all good. I keep a couple at work as well. Water also flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells, suppresses the appetite naturally and allows you to take more frequent breaks from your work to visit the restroom.
    Plus those Rubbermaid bottles come with that oh-so sweet RefillReuse logo the packaging. (Just Kidding)
    Keep Saving the World! One bottle at a time.

27. Sam Aron March 4, 2010 at 2:58 pm #

Hahahaha! No! Though I am WAY more likely to go for the pink ones, than Jon is :) Thats our Breast Cancer Awareness promo bottle, and I am a total girl and love the pink ones! Glad youre looking out for me, Jocelyn :)

28. Chris H March 4, 2010 at 2:58 pm #

Love water, hate the throw away packaging. Good thinking.

29. Sam Aron March 4, 2010 at 2:57 pm #

Good point, Ashley! Water bottle at work= the way to go. I have mine with me all the time at work, to help me drink up!

30. Alexa March 4, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

Jocelyn, I was just thinking the exact same thing!! hahaha.
    I love the idea. I think it’d be fun to add a different flavor of Crystal Light to each one. Then it’s exciting and you really feel like you’re getting something different each time. Is that cheating? Sometimes just plain ol’ water boooores me. But I’m tryin’ here!
    Thanks for all the tips!

31. Jocelyn March 4, 2010 at 2:47 pm #

I hope the pink ones aren’t for you and the blue for your hubby, because that means he is more hydrated than you!

32. Ashley March 4, 2010 at 2:46 pm #

We have the same thing going on in our fridge, but a mix of spring water bottles, stainless bottles and the Nalgene variety. Always crisp and cold. At work, just having a bottle beside you guarantees you’ll hit the 8 cups mark, and go way past it.

33. Sam Aron March 4, 2010 at 2:42 pm #

Ooooo, FILL IT CHILL IT. Love it! I like the ability to put ice in there too. Cold water is so much tastier. Heard you guys all had a blast at the NAPO-GA tour :) Keep up your Rubbermaid water bottle drinking!

34. Sam Aron March 4, 2010 at 2:39 pm #

Thanks Lauren, Its the only way well drink tons of water at home :) I dont know why getting a glass is so hard to do!

35. Julie Bestry March 4, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

I’m loving the Rubbermaid water bottle I got during our NAPO-GA tour. One day, I forgot to FILL IT AND CHILL IT, then realized what a super advantage it has over refilling a bottled-water bottle with tap…I can fill it with ice cubes, then add water, and I’ve got cold water for a workout in minutes. Thanks to Rubbermaid, I’m saving the world and my waistline! ;-)

36. Lauren Spahr March 4, 2010 at 2:09 pm #

That is a great idea, Sam. Love the creativity!