Modular Canisters Make Me Happy

I recently re-did my "baking cabinet" because we had new and improved modular canisters launch!

The current situation was okay but not optimal:
Pros #1: Decent space
Con #1:  I couldn't see what was in the back.  For instance, I had to take down the front small canisters to reach the big flour and sugar ones in the back (which just so happen to be commonly used).
Con #2:  The jumbling on the bottom wasn't well organized.  I have glass front cabinets so I like it to be a little neater than this.  Also, the Crystal Light containers kept tumbling out.

2_canisters-before

Since the new modular canisters launched, I'd been wanting to try them out.  My process was:

Step #1:  I took everything in the middle out.
Step #2:  I put the ingredients in new modular canisters
Step #3:  I took the Crystal Light out of its package, and put it in the little pull out drawer.  For more on the drawer, see my previous post on how much I love these too.

And…ta-da!  Big improvement!  The new canisters are short but deep, so I can see ALL my ingredients now.  I started putting little food storage containers on top of them as well for the  ingredients I have only small quantities of. :

2_canisters-afterpanarama1

I also labeled them with my Dymo label maker.  That step was helpful so that I could tell things apart.  For instance, the Troyer's pancake mix looks the same as the wheat flour.  The cornstarch looks similar to the powdered sugar. This helps me quickly grab what I need to bake.

2_canisters-after

Overall, I am impressed with the design of the new canisters and how they helped me organize baking supplies.

, , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to Modular Canisters Make Me Happy

1. juegos de minecraft online October 14, 2016 at 11:06 am #

I read this piece of writing fully concerning the comparison of
    hottest and previous technologies, it’s amazing article.

2. minijuegos minecraft October 14, 2016 at 9:03 am #

Good information. Lucky me I recently found your site by accident (stumbleupon).
    I have saved as a favorite for later!

3. descargar minecraft apk October 13, 2016 at 9:55 pm #

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your
    efforts and I am waiting for your further post thank
    you once again.

4. descargar minecraft launcher October 13, 2016 at 9:05 am #

Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole
    my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a twenty five foot drop, just
    so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

5. adfly descargar minecraft gratis October 13, 2016 at 8:13 am #

Fantastic blog you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about
    here? I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get opinions from other knowledgeable
    individuals that share the same interest. If you have
    any suggestions, please let me know. Kudos!

6. descargar minecraft 1.9 para pc October 12, 2016 at 12:41 pm #

Superb website you have here but I was wondering if you knew of
    any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked
    about in this article? I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get advice from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest.
    If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Appreciate it!

7. descargar minecraft mediafire October 10, 2016 at 6:46 am #

Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Taking a few minutes
    and actual effort to make a great article… but what can I say… I
    hesitate a whole lot and never manage to get nearly anything
    done.

8. lauren February 15, 2011 at 9:24 am #

Thanks, Mrs. Shopper. We appreciate your feedback!

9. Mrs. Shopper February 10, 2011 at 4:52 pm #

I like the way you save space with the canisters and it looks so smart! Now you are an inspiration for those who need to do a makeover! Smart way to label your canisters too so that is easy to read.

10. Bill August 21, 2010 at 5:16 pm #

This idea is great and I would like to see a modular ice/cooler packs that can be snapped to forms as needed for my soft pack cooler bags. Like kids toys that allow you to expand or reduce the size by hooking them together.

11. Michelle July 27, 2010 at 9:18 pm #

I’m having the same problem as Elizabeth – I’ve looked just about everywhere I can think of, including Walmart. They’d be perfect for my pantry. It would be great if they were available to order online!

12. lauren May 4, 2010 at 11:49 am #

Hi Elizabeth – I think they’ll be available at Wal-mart in the summer, so stay tuned. I apologize they are hard to find.

13. Elizabeth May 1, 2010 at 10:08 am #

This is a product that I am definitely interested in. I would buy multiple items. My problem is that it is not available in my area. I checked Rubbermaid.com and they said there is no store near my area code that sells them. They are sold thru Amazon but the sellers want more than the cost of the item to ship them. It’s outrageous!
    I know this would be a hot item. It’s a shame.

14. Sabrina April 1, 2010 at 1:11 pm #

lauren, your cabinets look great now. When I move to my new house I’ll remember to get a good supply of Rubbermaide canasters.

15. Sam Aron April 1, 2010 at 11:10 am #

Lauren, these look great! You’ve inspired me 🙂 Next project, pantry refresh… Thanks for the post!