I recently re-did my "baking cabinet" because we had new and improved modular canisters launch!
The current situation was okay but not optimal:
Pros #1: Decent space
Con #1: I couldn't see what was in the back. For instance, I had to take down the front small canisters to reach the big flour and sugar ones in the back (which just so happen to be commonly used).
Con #2: The jumbling on the bottom wasn't well organized. I have glass front cabinets so I like it to be a little neater than this. Also, the Crystal Light containers kept tumbling out.
Since the new modular canisters launched, I'd been wanting to try them out. My process was:
Step #1: I took everything in the middle out.
Step #2: I put the ingredients in new modular canisters
Step #3: I took the Crystal Light out of its package, and put it in the little pull out drawer. For more on the drawer, see my previous post on how much I love these too.
And…ta-da! Big improvement! The new canisters are short but deep, so I can see ALL my ingredients now. I started putting little food storage containers on top of them as well for the ingredients I have only small quantities of. :
I also labeled them with my Dymo label maker. That step was helpful so that I could tell things apart. For instance, the Troyer's pancake mix looks the same as the wheat flour. The cornstarch looks similar to the powdered sugar. This helps me quickly grab what I need to bake.
Overall, I am impressed with the design of the new canisters and how they helped me organize baking supplies.