New, Improved Bathroom Vanity

One of the areas that I always like to keep organized is my bathroom vanity. Part of the reason is I tend to sleep past my alarm and DO NOT have time in the morning to search for things :)

Recently, my under the sink organization had started to annoy me. The way I had is set up, it was hard to reach replacement items at the back of my sink; I was always struggling with my straightener, blow drier, etc. because they had to fit in the bin the correct way; and products I used fairly often were slowly creeping out of the replacement bin and all over my vanity.

Bathroom Before 1 Bathroom Before 2
Here is the replacement bin and hair drier bin. And here are the creeping used often products!

I was fortunate enough to have an extra Rubbermaid Slide 'n Stack Sliding Basket on hand. I LOVE this product. It has tracks that allow it to act like a drawer. Not only was I able to fit more in it than my previous bin but now I can simply slide it out to easily get supplies stored in the back. BRILLANT!!! (please note you do have to screw the Slide 'n Stack Sliding Basket into your vanity – it's very simple and if I can do it, you can do it).

I also upgraded my blow drier, straightener, curling iron, etc. into a bigger open bin. With the new arrangement, I was also able to slip in a container with all my travel sized necessities and my face wash (which I buy in bulk – and this is in the container slipped in behind my trash can in the picture below).

Bathroom After

All in all this transformation took about 35 minutes with the install! What area do you have organized that could use a face lift?

, , , , , , ,

11 Responses to New, Improved Bathroom Vanity

1. mary sale July 7, 2011 at 9:53 am #

I have used a Rubbermaid 2-tiered carousel, 11 1/2″ diameter to hold containers that need to stand upright. Shorter containers stored on the bottom tier, taller ones on the top. It lasted a long time and saved many minute, but it is now worn out, and won’t turn anymore. Any ideas for replacement??
    Thanks.

2. franchiseguy01 December 21, 2010 at 3:23 am #

Good for you having those. Being organized keeps us in control of things and takes our bathroom rituals manageable and hassle free.

3. Erin Gentry September 20, 2010 at 3:50 pm #

It is EXTREMELY doable! Plus it will allow you to sleep in a few minutes longer in the morning. I mean, what better motivation is there than that!!! (Well maybe ice cream…but sleep is high on the list of motivators).

4. Chhaya September 20, 2010 at 3:18 pm #

This is definitely an area that I need to tackle too …using several bins to hold all necessary items and removing not used items sounds like a doable solution !

5. Erin Gentry September 20, 2010 at 9:11 am #

Kerry,
    Good luck with your organizing project! I’m glad I could inspire you!!

6. Kerry September 19, 2010 at 11:15 am #

My bathroom cupboard is a huge mess. After seeing this post, I am now inspired to organize it!

7. Erin Gentry September 17, 2010 at 9:10 am #

Lori,
    I need something for that too. I’ll let you know if I ever figure something out :)

8. Lori Z. September 17, 2010 at 8:41 am #

Nicely done. I need some ideas for a logical place to dump my mail and misc daily things rather than on the counter.

9. Walt Manns September 14, 2010 at 12:29 pm #

A rubbermaid bin keeps the cleaning and polishing products I use for my limo all together, nice and neat in the trunk!!

10. Karla Sceviour September 14, 2010 at 8:19 am #

wow,great job! And it only took 35 minutes! Awesome! I could use a face lift in my bedroom closet..lol.it is a state!