The Traveling Totelocker

Wanted to share a great story from Denise about her Rubbermaid totelocker!  We love these stories from people who use our products….

I have a great Rubbermaid testimonial.  Nineteen years ago I was graduating from high school at age 17.  My summer job was as a traveling camp counselor throughout Montana and Wyoming.  As a going away gift my mom bought me a Rubbermaid totelocker in which to haul all of my stuff easily from camp to camp.  It is purple and blue with pink and yellow locks and back then it cost the exorbitant sum of $40 at our local Coast to Coast.  The trunk became a big joke among my fellow counselors, especially the gallant guys I traveled with because they hauled it for me.  When I started college in Minnesota that fall the trunk became storage as well as furniture in my dorm room.  The trunk went to New York for graduate school and then to Nebraska for my husband's first job.  When he became a US Navy officer we went overseas to Iceland for our first duty station.My purple trunk came along and held precious memories gathered along the way.  We are currently at our final duty station, in Virginia, as he is retiring this summer.  Our next adventure is taking a year to travel in our RV which begins in September.  This morning I got out my purple trunk because I plan on taking it in our RV to hold our winter clothes.  As I was getting it ready (it had been in use as an outdoor sports gear holder) I suddenly realized how many adventures on which my trunk has accompanied me and I got a bit sentimental.  I had it long before I had a degree, a husband or children.  It still looks practically brand new and I now have a college degree, two master's degrees, a husband, two boys, a dog and my purple trunk has travelled the world with me.  Of course, I have many Rubbermaid trunks and containers but this one will always be my companion.   Thank you Rubbermaid for making such long lasting products!  ~ Denise T.

Tote locker

20 Responses to The Traveling Totelocker

1. Inocencia October 15, 2016 at 11:12 am #

You actually make it seem really easy with your presentation however I to find this topic to be really something which I believe I might by no means understand. It seems too complicated and very large for me. I’m having a look forward in your subsequent put up, I’ll try to get the cling of it!

2. juegos de minecraft construir casas October 14, 2016 at 9:06 am #

I enjoy looking through an article that can make
    people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

3. minecraft descargar October 12, 2016 at 7:43 pm #

If some one desires to be updated with latest technologies therefore
    he must be pay a visit this web page and be up to date every
    day.

4. como descargar minecraft October 12, 2016 at 8:46 am #

I know this web site provides quality depending content
    and extra material, is there any other site which offers these kinds of stuff in quality?

5. descargar minecraft apk October 11, 2016 at 10:40 am #

Hello, I do believe your website might be having internet browser compatibility problems.
    When I look at your web site in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in Internet Explorer, it
    has some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to
    give you a quick heads up! Apart from that, great blog!

6. minecraft October 10, 2016 at 5:48 pm #

Thank you, I have just been looking for information about this subject
    for a long time and yours is the greatest I’ve came upon so far.

However, what about the conclusion? Are
    you positive in regards to the supply?

7. descargar minecraft October 8, 2016 at 1:25 pm #

It’s hard to come by experienced people about this topic, however, you seem like
    you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

8. Eryn October 6, 2016 at 7:59 am #

Usually I do not read post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to take a look at and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, quite great article.

9. seo October 5, 2016 at 7:17 am #

Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword….wait there’s even more Now what if i told you there was a simple WordPress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That’s right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at. Seo Plugin

10. Jacqueline August 10, 2013 at 2:51 am #

I bought three of these totes when I first joined the Navy 21 years ago. I still have all three and bought a fourth that I found at an estate sale! Like Denise’s, mine have traveled the world. The reason I found this thread is that one of my latches broke in the most recent move (to Japan) and I’m going to make a claim though, sadly, I won’t be able to replace it. I’ll take the suggestions of those above and tape it for transit.

11. Montana Autumn June 27, 2013 at 1:27 pm #

Rubbermaid,
    Pah-lease, make both sizes of the Keeper Totelocker again (exactly the same as they were before, as requested by more than one customer before me)! I personally have the hunter green and tan totes and they are my #1 favorite tote for camping, caving, festivals, etc. Whatever kind of plastic from which they are made does not take on that horrid chemically-off-gassing smell that other plastic totes (including Rubbermaid) get over time nor do they get sticky and tacky like the other plastic totes.

Thank you for your consideration!

12. Barney June 12, 2013 at 3:23 pm #

I agree!

Please make these and the larger totelocker again!

Mine have lasted over 20 years but are getting on in age…

13. Lisa May 20, 2013 at 10:10 pm #

I got here because I am searching to buy more tote lockers. I have a red and gray one that I currently use for my camping kitchen box. It is the perfect size and heft. Please make them again (exactly the same), Rubbermaid.

14. Miriam Noyes May 10, 2013 at 4:36 pm #

My family travels between the U.S. and Africa. We are so unhappy that these have been discontinued, Rubbermaid!! No one makes anything that can touch them, including you. Their only weakness is that the handles can flip up and get broken off in transit (say, in airlines). We tape them down for travel. We continue to use our old ones (yup. Just like this one.) and try to buy similar totes as needed.

15. Susan White November 9, 2012 at 9:03 am #

I have 3 for my kids, now in their 20’s. This sturdy, awesome tote has preserved all their childhood memories through mulitiple moves and damp basements. This is one great tote!

16. Pam June 12, 2012 at 3:11 pm #

I wish these were still available!! I love the colors!

17. lauren October 15, 2010 at 12:42 pm #

I wish! I think it was discontinued a few years back. The closest thing we have is the Action Packer tote.

18. Sara October 14, 2010 at 6:16 pm #

I have one and would love to get another – are there any stores that sell them still?

19. Chris October 3, 2010 at 6:17 pm #

I had that exact one back in 94-98, when I was in college. I think I still do, down in the basement!

20. Grace September 27, 2010 at 10:24 pm #