Reveal Spray Mop – Solutions Abound

This guest post is written by Leigh Boone, a brand manager here at Rubbermaid. I hope you enjoy her Cleaning tips!

The new Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop has made mopping such a quick and fun task (yes, I actually like to mop now).  I love that I can use my own cleaning solution with water and wash the pad over and over.  I love to mix different solutions with water in Reveal’s refillable bottle depending on my mood. Yes, it sounds silly but I like to use different solutions for their cleaning power or fragrance. My old standby is water and two tablespoons of vinegar in the refillable bottle. But I also love mixing new solutions which I have included some below.

Check out my video below showing how to fill the bottle or some ideas for what to use with water in the refillable bottle. Reveal is safe to use on any floor type- it’s what goes in the bottle that you will need to check with your flooring manufacturer to see what is safe to use.

If you don’t want to watch my video worthy of an Oscar, here’s how to use the Reveal refillable bottle and some solution ideas.

Mix one of the following into the refillable bottle, close the cap, and click into the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop. If you are pouring a straight concentrated cleaner or just vinegar, you can use the two line markings on the grey bottle that show “water” and “solution”.

Cleaning Solution 1
•    2 Tablespoons ammonia
•    ½ cup white vinegar
•    ½ teaspoon of baby shampoo
•    Fill the rest with hot water

This solution works well on hardwood floors.

Cleaning Solution 2
•    2 Tablespoons white vinegar
•    2-3 drops liquid soap
•    Fill the rest with hot water

This solution is perfect for glazed tiles, vinyl, soft tile, cement, brick, and laminate.

Cleaning Solution 3
•    2 Tablespoons baking soda
•    2-3 drops liquid soap
•    Fill the rest with hot water

This solution is great for unglazed tiles, marble, stone, and slate.

These are just some suggested solutions. If you have created your own favorite cleaning solution for Reveal, please reply to my blog post!

, , , , , , ,

35 Responses to Reveal Spray Mop – Solutions Abound

1. super bowl jerseys September 30, 2016 at 10:20 am #

quarterback who has played the position..For this reason, it is a bad idea to walk around 7’1″ Thomas Hamilton, both of Martin Luther King High in Chicago; 6’10” Rasheed Wallace of Simon alcohol, but neither have worked, just maybe them a little bigger for a couple seconds. I in New York are named for John Broome.ALS stands for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. La solicitud proporcio-na

2. I think this is one of the most vital information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The website style is great, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

3. cheap nike jerseys china September 29, 2016 at 6:05 am #

New 2013 nfl T-shirts arrived at largest online shop from china, be first to wear nfl T-shirts for sale.

4. elite nfl jerseys September 27, 2016 at 10:41 pm #

Part of the reason many experts have as long between web sites on this web site is that I couldn develop approaches to has a tendency to questions that didn seem like defensive justifications for the language. I knew the things i thought the solution need to be: we do, in actual fact, look for success over the words of your Opening, but that there are some subtlety I can be missing or do not understand. I examined the word what repeatedly, and sought guidance in many different different places. Luxury-brand IPOs account for a considerable slice of the billions recently being stated in Hong Kong. Italian fashion house Prada could raise nearly $2.7 billion rolling around in its share offering later this month. Luggage maker Samsonite just bagged about $1.25 billion in the share sale a couple weeks ago. Natual skin care specialists $29, 55010. Substance neglect and behaviour disorder experts $35, 9509. Veterinarians $81, 4908. it can be grasped which can help high-quality form moncler uk has been important desire having Moncler level. Moncler very reasonably priced the internet advertising process besides after-sales services utilizing the desire as a result of people utilizing the conclusion. Moncler commonly indicate this begin their day on the finale will probably amplify this dreams linked with shoppers promptly that can help hq.Many colors along with can be found in Moncler Branson jacket. It is readily available the style that you’ve been surfing for, because each of the designs are made keeping in view current trends and fashion demands. The hoodies look extremely stylish and outclass when wore while using jeans pent. Alan Li, son in our family taste, would like to come you’re clearly seen. Xiao fourth son wouldn’t speak, touches his mobile behind Yi Han have a cavity, although the tone is basically not really that mild. clear, Xiao Gongzai mouth, a tiny but dare not mind?. thick, I feel no wind on the legs in the cooler spring mornings and eveningsThe service

5. betterscooter.com September 27, 2016 at 8:14 am #

I bought a concise proverb betterscooter.com http://adf.ly/6249830/banner/www.scamadviser.com/is-betterscooter.com-a-fake-site.html in addition to at which for that reason nice may match with all sorts of things. The only issue mainly because dirt simply. So you’ve to remain honestly carefull when you factor.

6. seo September 26, 2016 at 10:14 am #

Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword….wait there’s even more Now what if i told you there was a simple WordPress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That’s right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at. Seo Plugin

7. woolrich outlet September 26, 2016 at 5:04 am #

Exactly how did you discover about this? Effectively i’ve been searching for this difficulty for a although. Several thanks individual you might be the brand new main character
    woolrich outlet http://www.vlady-luisa.it/index.php?fashion=milano-fashion-week-7-acconciature-originali-da-copiare/

8. seo September 25, 2016 at 6:32 pm #

9. Amber October 16, 2013 at 3:57 pm #

I have used my reveal one time. I really liked it. However, when I went to use it this time, the handle won’t even squeeze. Is there some sort of locking mechanism I’m not seeing? The handle doesn’t budge at all.

10. Melissa August 30, 2013 at 3:57 pm #

I purchased my Reveal mop from Sams Club and have used it 3 times and now the sprayer doesn’t work. I only use a mixture of vinegar, water and 2 drops of Dawn so it can’t be the cleaner clogging it. Any suggestions?

• Erin Gentry September 9, 2013 at 9:06 am #

Hi Melissa – we would be happy to help. Please reach out to us at 888-895-2110 Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm EST and we would be happy to help. Thanks!

11. Amanda March 7, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

I got mine from Target on sale! I also had a 5.00 coupon that I got when I purchased Rubbermaid containers. I like it so far but seems like the floor is sticky afterwards.

12. Sheila Clark December 2, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

I love the reveal mop, but my sprayer won’t work anymore. I’ve only ever used a water and vinegar solution, so the sprayers shouldn’t be clogged. I’ve very frustrated, but love the concept of the mop…HELP
    Also I have older hardwoord floors (10yrs), two large dogs and two kids. After washing my floors, I know they are clean but they still look milky, any suggetions?

• Erin Gentry December 3, 2012 at 9:26 am #

Hi Shelia – I am sorry to hear that and apologize for the frustration. Please reach out to our consumer service department by calling 888-895-2110 Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm EST. We would be more than happy to help you out! Thanks, Erin

13. Becca August 4, 2012 at 11:48 pm #

I am bringing my reveal mop to college with me. Any suggestion on the best solution mixture I should or could make. I will have a brick type floor

14. Erin Gentry May 26, 2011 at 8:00 am #

Maryann,
    I have reached out to you on FaceBook with contact information for our consumer services team. If anyone else has a product issue, please contact our consumer services department at (888) 895-2110 Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm Eastern as they are the ones that will be able to help you.
    Thanks,
    Erin

15. Maryann Marks May 25, 2011 at 8:43 pm #

my reveal mop is now in the recycling can..the handle and mop head wouldn’t stay together..this is the second time I used it.. and had to finish the floor on my hands and knees…a waste of $25.00..

16. Erin Gentry March 23, 2011 at 8:08 am #

Hi Wes,
    Contact our consumer service department for help. You can call them Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm Eastern at (888) 895-2110. They will be able to help you out.
    Thanks,
    Erin

17. wes March 22, 2011 at 7:25 pm #

Anyone know how to unclog the little fluid shooters? I squeeze the trigger, which feels the same as always, but no fluid comes out.

18. Cindy March 12, 2011 at 8:11 am #

I have the Bona products. One does not need to be diluted, but other does. Not too thrilled with it. Water & drop of Ivory dish detergent cleans better, which is what my Dad who owned & did hardwood floors always recommended. Can’t wait to find Reveal mop. Never bought the disposable mop out of principle.

19. shawnna March 8, 2011 at 7:34 pm #

I would also love to see a coupon for the Reveal mop!

20. Erin Gentry March 8, 2011 at 12:39 pm #

Hi Opal,
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Everyday household cleaners in the amounts above should be safe. That said, please test any cleaning solution and check with your flooring manufacturers before using any solution on your floors.
    Another note, YOU SHOULD NOT USE WAX IN YOUR REVEAL. It will clog up the spray mechanism. The mop was not designed for this use.
    Also be sure to dilute all cleaning solutions with water (other than Bona) when using Reveal.
    Thanks,
    Erin

21. OPAL SHAPPIE March 8, 2011 at 11:37 am #

I WOULD CAUTION FOLK IN THE “MIXING CHEMICALS” DEPARTMENT. IT CAN BE DANGEROUS. AS FOR PUTTING AN AMONIA SOLUTION ON MY HARDWOOD FLOOR, NO THANKS.
    I HAVE USED THE REVEAL MOP TO LAY WAX ON VYNAL TILE, SLATE, SALTIO, AND CONCRETE. IT DOES A GREAT JOB. REMEMBER YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY CLEAN THE ENTIRE MOP AFTER USING WAX. OTHERWISE THE WAX WILL HARDEN AND RUIN YOUR MOP.
    ONE DRAWBACK, THE MOP STRARTS TO LEAVE LARGE DROPS ON THE FLOOR AFTER A WHILE.
    OTHERWISE, IT IS A GREAT TOOL. PLEASE REMEMBER THE HOUSEKEEPING RULES, NEVER MIX CHEMICALS.
    OPAL SHAPPIE, REH

22. Erin Gentry February 28, 2011 at 8:45 am #

Hi Tony,
    You can use the Bona cleaning solution straight (it’s the exception!). No need to dilute it.
    Thanks,
    Erin

23. Tony February 26, 2011 at 7:35 pm #

Can I use my Bona cleaning solution straight? I didn’t purchase the concentrated version of the Bona solution.
    Thanks, this is a great mop!

24. Erin Gentry December 8, 2010 at 8:10 am #

Toni,
    It is also available at The Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Harris Teeter, Shoprite, Mills and Blain, Haggen’s, Meijer, Price Chopper, Wegmans, and Hannaford.
    Please see our media contacts page (http://www.rubbermaid.com/mediaCenter/Pages/MediaContacts.aspx) for my contact information for bloggers.
    Thanks,
    Erin

25. toni December 7, 2010 at 8:48 pm #

I have not been able to find a reveal mop anywhere. I have looked at target and walmart. Are they sold anywhere else? Also, do you offer product reviews on blogs?

• Michael November 9, 2012 at 2:10 pm #

I bought mine at Home Depot and I believe I saw it at Lowe’s too.

26. christie November 29, 2010 at 5:14 pm #

I have tried everything on my old hardwood floors, and water is by far the best thing for them, I cannot stand the chemically residue left behind with most cleaners..we had a steam mop, but with the cord, always getting in the way and over usage of water, it just wasn’t any easier. I would clean floors, then dry floors. Cannot wait to try out this mop!

27. Erin Gentry November 19, 2010 at 8:56 am #

Hi Beth,
    Target and The Home Depot should have extra bottles for sell. Select Wal-Marts will have them too.
    If you are having more trouble, contact our consumer services department at (888) 895-2110 Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 5 EST.
    Thanks and glad you are enjoying the Reveal Spray Mop!

28. Beth November 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm #

I have tried many different types of mops since installing bamboo flooring in our kitchen and dining rooms. And I have finally found something that not only works well but is easy and convenient to use. However, I have a special cleaner that I use on the bamboo flooring and I use a different cleaner for the tile floor in the bathroom. For convenience, I would love to buy a second bottle for my mop so I wouldn’t have to empty one cleaner back into its container to use the second solution. Can you help?

29. Terry Draper November 16, 2010 at 5:45 pm #

I would mostly use water and vinegar as we have hardwood floors and I don’t want to hurt the finish.

30. Erin Gentry November 15, 2010 at 5:08 pm #

Sorry, we do not have any online coupons for the Reveal mop. Thanks!

31. f7donn@aol.com November 15, 2010 at 11:44 am #

I use a lot of the Rubbermaid products and I had wanted to buy the reveal mop but I was hoping for a store coupon and can’t find one. Is there a site I can go on?

32. shris November 15, 2010 at 11:05 am #

Plain old water is useful in almost any situation. I have used plain water for many years in a variety of mopping situations and I must say it gets up the vast majority of sticky gunk my small children and cooking have let fall.
    The vinegar/water thing is handy also, I use it all over the place. I haven’t used any soaps in a long time simply because I’m not into rinsing and soap residue will get sticky and attract dirt if left on the surface.
    For gunk that doesn’t come up with water or water/vinegar, I use a washcloth with a small amount of something stronger, then mop over that with the regular solution.
    I generally don’t worry too much about tailoring the solution to the surface. I also don’t disinfect anything unless the vinegar kills it.
    I am very happy with Reveal so far, the kids have used it a couple of times now and so have I. I love being able to wash the mop head. Tried the dust mop head too–not on the floors but up high for cobwebs. 🙂 It was a little floppy because obviously the mop joint is intended for floors, but it told me that I might like a washable microfiber duster too.