Shoe Holder = Organized Bags!

I saw this tip online, and I just love it: using a clear, over-the-door plastic shoe holder for reuseable bags. (We also use a few cubbies for sunscreen and Brita filter refils). It works awesome! You can find them at a lot of stores or online. (I found one at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $15, and also on amazon for $10.) This is in one of our pantries very close to the kitchen and back door (the door we always use). My husband and I can grab a bag for whatever – taking our lunch, bringing workout clothes, hauling school supplies or snacks around (he is a teacher), etc. I like that it's clear, so we can see what is in each compartment. It is very accessible and easy to use.

What products do you repurpose in a different way?

BAGS_after

About Megan G

I'm a easy-going, hard-working, sport-loving gal from Michigan who is proud of her midwestern roots. Graphic designer by trade and a sports fanatic by heart. My friends tell me, "Meg, you need to slow down!" but usually I don't listen :) Some of my favorite things include traveling, playing and coaching volleyball, going to sporting events, going to the beach, finding new ways to be creative, seeing new places, and helping people and the environment.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to Shoe Holder = Organized Bags!

1. Megan G February 24, 2011 at 11:38 am #

I hope it works out for you Risa! Good luck!

2. risa hamfry February 24, 2011 at 11:30 am #

Wow.. it’s a great idea ? you helped me find a way to store my little things with a practical one so i can easily find them. thank you..:-)

3. Megan G December 13, 2010 at 1:54 pm #

Kathy, that is an awesome idea! I always love hearing about alternate uses that people come up with. I would think this method makes it easier for everyone to sustain. Thanks for sharing!

4. Kathy December 13, 2010 at 1:06 pm #

I have a hanging shoe holder on the back of my mud room door that I keep hats and gloves and scarfs organized in. And to keep them separate, each person has their own row. They are easy to find, grab and easy to put away!

5. Megan G December 13, 2010 at 12:17 pm #

Thanks FF! I’ve seen the idea on a few different blogs over time, but I didn’t write any of the websites or links down (and I wish I would have to give them credit for it!). I finally got around to actually putting it into action, and it is super convenient. I hope it works out for you in your laundry room – good luck!

6. FavoriteFinds December 13, 2010 at 11:02 am #

Brilliant! Perfect for my laundry room door. I love whoever thought of that!