No more fridge gallery :( Help please!

Thanks to our fridge breaking down, we made an unplanned appliance purchase last weekend. Our fridge was not super old, but not super new by any means. You can see the old fridge from this post about fridge organization. (Scroll down to see mine – a white double-door fridge.) As you will see from the photo, I used the outside of the fridge for pictures, reminders, lists, calendars, menus, etc. (Admittedly, the outside qualified as visual clutter, so it will be nice to have that out of the kitchen…)

As much as I love our new [stainless] fridge, it is not magnetic. Now I need to figure out what to do with all of the stuff that used to be displayed/stored on the fridge. I need help! I put everything together in a tray (that is normally used for when we eat in the living room) to keep it together…here it is:

Fridge_magnetsIMG_5934_MG
The photos and wedding/birth announcements are things that I looked at (ENJOY) the most. The two things that hold my sharpies and other pens and paper is probably the thing that I USE the most. Having it on the outside of the fridge (it was on the side) was super convenient because we are always using pens and paper for reminders and lists. Now what do I do?

Any ideas on how to store these items to still be super convenient – aside from putting them on the counter? (I loved that having them on the side of the fridge kept the clutter off the counter.) Here is where it WOULD go if it could…

Fridge_pens_IMG_5937

Any suggestions? I am really anxious to get this tray off the counter, but I need to figure out where everything will go first πŸ™‚

About Megan G

I'm a easy-going, hard-working, sport-loving gal from Michigan who is proud of her midwestern roots. Graphic designer by trade and a sports fanatic by heart. My friends tell me, "Meg, you need to slow down!" but usually I don't listen :) Some of my favorite things include traveling, playing and coaching volleyball, going to sporting events, going to the beach, finding new ways to be creative, seeing new places, and helping people and the environment.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to No more fridge gallery :( Help please!

1. minecraft October 13, 2016 at 10:28 pm #

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and
    I will be waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.

2. betterscooter.com October 13, 2016 at 8:19 am #

order One capacity less space-consuming than natural deliver. cannot wind up being placed for rain/snow except in cases where treated. My little really loves betterscooter.com http://adf.ly/6249830/banner/www.scamadviser.com/check-website/betterscooter.com despite the fact that.

3. minecraft October 12, 2016 at 5:46 pm #

Hey! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and
    say I genuinely enjoy reading your articles.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the
    same topics? Thanks a ton!

4. seo plugin October 9, 2016 at 8:56 am #

Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword….wait there’s even more Now what if i told you there was a simple WordPress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That’s right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at. Seo Plugin

5. seo plugin October 8, 2016 at 10:16 pm #

6. Megan G May 16, 2011 at 9:20 am #

Thanks for the link! I didn’t really think of putting magnetic stainless OVER the non-magnetic stainless fridge. Now I just need to decide if I want all of my stuff back on the front of the fridge or not – the clean (non-cluttered look) is one that I like, but I definitely miss having my photos in clear view. The velcro is a good idea even if I ended up putting something on the side or the fridge or inside of a cabinet too. Good tip! Thanks for your comment Happykat!

7. Megan G May 16, 2011 at 9:17 am #

I like the combo cork/magnet board – good idea! The magnet strip seems good for flexibility too – so you could always be moving things and removing things…
    Thanks for the ideas – very smart!

8. Happykat826 May 13, 2011 at 6:23 pm #

Use velcro circle or some kind of adhesive and put a nice piece of stainless (http://www.nextag.com/stainless-steel-magnetic-board/products-html) on the fridge.. get one the size you need.. it will match the stainless finish on the fridge and will also allow you to put all your things back up.

9. Jaderose69 May 13, 2011 at 4:31 pm #

I got a small board I hang on the back of a door in the kitchen, 1/2 is a cork board and 1/2 is a magnet board. This is great for us as it is out of sight when I want it to be but totally accesable. I have a friend who uses a magnet strip inside of one of her cupboards and uses clips to organize her notes and coupons. I would check out organizing and stationary stores on line and look for ideas. Good luck!!

10. Megan G May 13, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

Glad to hear the command strips have held up so well for you Shris! I’ve actually used some of the smaller command hooks and things, but I might have to expand my horizons a bit! (I’m also wondering, “Is my purse more than 5 pounds?” ha!) Thanks for the ideas – love that you use them to hang recipes on the wall. I appreciate you sharing!

11. Megan G May 13, 2011 at 3:46 pm #

I love this idea of repurposing the cookie sheets! I never would have thought of that. I’m glad I asked for help πŸ™‚ It’s great to hear how well it works for you – and that is really WORKS (and you didn’t just hear about it from someone else). Thanks for the great tip Jennifer!

12. shris May 13, 2011 at 11:13 am #

I would use command adhesive. It comes off easily, holds up to 5 pounds (like my heavy purse, winter coats, etc), and it sticks to quite a lot of different materials with no problem.
    Since you have a box to stick it to, I guess I’d use the picture hanging strips–the velcro-like doodads, so you can stick one side to the fridge and the other side to the box, allowing easy access to the sticky bits if you ever want to get them off.
    I use the command stuff constantly–I just did pick up the picture hanging stuff to hang some mirrors, and it works great. Very easy to take the stuff down, too, if you need to. And I’ve had coats and purses on hooks now for a year and a half with no trouble. Stuff doesn’t fall.
    I use the little command clips for paper to hang up photos and kid art and the like on surfaces I don’t want to damage. You can use them facing up or down, it works fine both ways. I also use the clips for holding recipes on the wall while I make them.
    Not a paid spokesperson, just a happy user.

13. Jennifer Einolf May 13, 2011 at 10:47 am #

I hated having things on my fridge–it looks cluttered and it is too close to the door and things would get swiped by passing shoulders. I used double stick tape to attach unused cookie sheets inside my kitchen cabinets and I use that to post notes, to keep a clip with the boxtops for school, to hold the magnetic measuring spoons and the timer. I made a pocket for a pad of paper and a pen and attached that inside the cabinet as well. It works great–everything is easy to access, out of sight most of the time but looked at a few times a day–every time we need a plate. You could also, if you really wanted it on the outside, use the double sided foam tape to attache a metal tile or tray (I got some at the dollar store that I use in my craft room to hold up supplies to which I have attached magnets).