Last weekend, I had the chance to go to my friend's beach house. We decided to bring food with us to make because it is cheaper and usually healthier. We also know from experience that food near the beach is more expensive so we decided to buy everything here and pack a cooler to transport it.
Here are some tips the cooler team shared with me about packing a cooler:
- Heat rises and cold air falls, so put the items you need to keep cold at the bottom of the cooler. Then, pile ice on top of it
- Bring your cooler to room temperature for at least an hour before you pack it. Even better is chill it in the fridge before you go
- Make sure the items you are packing are cold!
- If you are going to be accessing items during your trip, pack them in order you will need them (snack on top, then dinner, then breakfast for the next day!). That was you will not be digging around in the cooler letting cold air escape
- Try to keep the cooler out of the sun as much as possible
Check out my awesome cooler packing skills!
What trips will you be taking a cooler on this summer?