Sink Cabinets Managed!

I finally realized that I needed to tackle my sink kitchen cabinet when I bought another pack of sponges because I could not find the almost full one I had under the sink. The kitchen sink cabinet has always frustrated me since it tends to be a catchall area for cleaning chemicals, cleaning rags, dusters, trash bags, light bulbs and other household items.

Before (no wonder I lose stuff in this black hole of a cabinet!)

With Rubbermaid Slide N Stack baskets I was able to organize my cleaning supplies and use a smaller baskets stacked on top to hold the little items that get lost in my massive sink cabinet. I made sure to keep the items that I use often up front like dishwasher soap and counter top cleaners. I also bought some small hooks that have the removable sticky backing to hang my tools up off the ground. These handy hooks keep my tools accessible and also allow my brushes to dry.

After- organized and accessible (sigh!)

Since I had a spare basket and hooks leftover, I decided to give my bathroom sink cabinet the same treatment. After doing both I think the bathroom is my favorite because I was FINALLY able to manage all those curling irons and flat irons that just jumble up on the floor of my cabinet.

Before (yikes)

So which makeover do you like best- kitchen or bathroom sink cabinet??? Also please send me any additional tips for organizing these spaces!

, , , , , ,

13 Responses to Sink Cabinets Managed!

1. Julianne October 15, 2016 at 12:18 pm #

Hey, you used to write wonderful, but the last several posts have been kinda boring… I miss your tremendous writings. Past several posts are just a bit out of track! come on!

2. minijuegos de minecraft October 14, 2016 at 9:34 am #

Remarkable! Its truly amazing post, I have got much clear idea about from this article.

3. minecraft October 13, 2016 at 2:43 pm #

Howdy! I realize this is kind of off-topic however I had to
    ask. Does building a well-established blog such as yours require a large amount of work?
    I’m completely new to running a blog but I do write in my diary on a daily basis.
    I’d like to start a blog so I can share my own experience
    and views online. Please let me know if you
    have any ideas or tips for new aspiring bloggers.

4. minecraft October 12, 2016 at 10:29 pm #

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in fact used to be a leisure account it.

Glance complicated to far delivered agreeable from you!
    However, how could we keep up a correspondence?

5. minecraft October 12, 2016 at 1:38 am #

Thanks for some other informative website.
    The place else may just I get that type of info written in such an ideal means?
    I’ve a project that I’m just now operating on, and I’ve been on the look out for such information.

6. como descargar minecraft gratis windows 10 October 11, 2016 at 1:29 am #

Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my blog so
    i came to go back the choose?.I’m trying to to find issues
    to improve my web site!I suppose its good enough to use a few of your concepts!!

7. Muriel October 6, 2016 at 7:49 am #

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually know what you’re speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also talk over with my website =). We could have a hyperlink change arrangement among us!

8. Jan February 20, 2012 at 7:09 pm #

I have a Very old kitchen cabinet fixture that you made many years ago and it has finally fallen apart I do not see anything like it. It is much larger than your stick and store suspension basket and has been attached to the inside of my kitchen cabinet under the sink for well more than 30 years I would truly love to replace it as it was just perfect for all those smaller things that you need but get lost under the sink ie sponges,nail brush,scrubbies,small bottles of various cleaning products. It had two sections the lower one being the deepest held shoe polish,silver polish,small bottles of oils etc the top was perfect for even smaller things. It certainly served me well and lasted sooo long. The little stick and store basket you show on your site could not possibly replace it. Please tell me you have something like it that I just have not found yet. Thanks Jan

• Leigh Boone February 22, 2012 at 9:06 am #

Hi Jan! Thank you so much for being a fan of Rubbermaid and for using our products. I am sorry to say that we no longer make a product like the one you describe. Our Stick ‘N Store Basket is the closest item to what you are describing that we have available today. I apologize for not being more helpful!

9. Alie February 6, 2012 at 1:22 pm #

In the bathroom under sink makeover, where is the feminine product storage? Some of us need that junk. :(. But otherwise I like the bathroom one better.

• Leigh Boone February 7, 2012 at 5:40 pm #

Hi Alie,
      Thank you for the question! I’m glad you liked the bathroom under sink makeover! It has really made my morning routine easier.
      In regards to your question, we do not make a storage container specific for feminine products, but I have a few suggestions you might want to check out. For storage under the cabinet you can try our 5″ Slide ‘n Stack Basket found here . For covered storage, I would recommend the Roughneck 3 gallon tote (which would be good for inside the cabinet) found here. Or if you want to store feminine products outside the cabinet where they are more accessible, I recommend our Bento storage boxes which are fabric covered and will allow decorative yet discrete storage in the bathroom when you use a lid and base. You can learn more about Bento here.

10. Carolyn B February 5, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

Tell me more about the Rubbermaid Slide & Stack, please. I have an area (fyi: it’s is entirely open b/c I roll up to the kitchen sink in my wheelchair) under my kitchen sink that can store my cleaners but the problem is I have to keep everything in a cardboard box I can slide out to get access to stuff. I want to find something that would act as a sliding drawer that would more easily move in/out without having to be attached to the floor or sides of the cabinet. Thanks!

• Leigh Boone February 7, 2012 at 5:27 pm #

Hi Carolyn, thank you for the question! The Rubbermaid Slide ‘N Stack Sliding Baskets are recommended to be attached with screws for security especially if you are sliding them out from the cabinet. You can read more about Sliding Baskets here. For added stacking space you can use the Slide ‘N Stack Stacking baskets. I used a combination of the 14″ Sliding Basket and the 5″ Stacking Basket in my kitchen organization project. You can learn more about stacking baskets here . Let me know if you have any further questions!