Check Out NEW Rubbermaid Bento!

I am so excited (really, really, super, EXCITED) to announce the launch of the NEW Rubbermaid Bento storage box!! I know you are thinking “Rubbermaid has always made storage boxes. How can this be new?” Well…this box is different because it not only contains your items (like any box) BUT also ORGANIZES your items. (I know totally cool, right? I have begging for samples for MONTHS!).

It may make me an organization geek but I freaked out when I saw how Bento works. Inside the very pretty Bento box, there are internal Flex Dividers. These dividers pop in and out allowing you to create little sections inside the box to hold certain items. I know – GENIOUS!

Once I started breathing again after seeing the Flex Dividers, I discovered another great feature of Bento…the Toppers! At first glance, you’re like “Oh, cool. The storage box has a pretty top to cover it up.” Then you turn in upside down and it becomes a TRAY, a tray that can sit on top of the Bento Box to cover it or on it’s own to keep items within boundries but still readiable accessible. Seriously, my brain exploded with ideas on where I NEED (definitely need, not want) Bento Boxes and Toppers.

Unfortunately, I have yet to get my hands on Bento samples but a few lucky co-workers have. Check out how they are using Bento around their homes.

Rich-electronics-storage

Rich who works in our marketing department uses his Bento in his living room. He keeps the electronics and the electronic accessories he uses while watching the tv organized in a Bento container. He even charges the electronics in the Bento by running the cords through the handle so they can be plugged in to the wall.

Claire-check-storage Claire who also works in our marketing department was able to score two Bento boxes (lucky duck). The first one she uses on her coffee table to store pens, checkboxes and other items that use to crowd up the table.

Claire-toilet-paper The second she places on the back of her toilet to hold extra rolls of toilet paper!

Carol-library-books Carol who works in our finance department uses her Bento in her kid’s playroom. She places library books in the Bento to seperate them from the books she owns which are stored on a book shelf. This way she can easily grab the Bento to return the books without having to search through the bookshelf.

So, what do you think of Bento? Let us know in the comments below.

, , , , ,

17 Responses to Check Out NEW Rubbermaid Bento!

1. kohls coupons October 18, 2013 at 4:56 pm #

My brother suggested I might like this website. He was once totally right.
    This post actually made my day. You cann’t believe simply
    how much time I had spent for this information!
    Thank you!

2. claire September 9, 2012 at 1:18 pm #

These boxes are terrific. I wish there were a stand made for them. I envision putting in a closet to eliminate the need for a dresser or chest of drawers. Some kind of frame that fits in a standard closet, so that you can stack the bento boxes but still get at them…in other words, so that they would not have to be directly on top of each other.

3. Mark June 27, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

to whom it may concern,

I just came across your new product in the local Target store and purchased 2 of the Large Bento storage boxes because they had the stated demenions I need to store my Vinyl LP’s. I thought “Great they are not ugly and should hold about 30 Records and won’t look bad around the house.
    Then I got home and tried to put some records in them and found that they are actually not the stated demensions of 12.1 inches by 12.1 inches , but are in fact 11 7/8 by 11 7/8 , even measuring the outside of the Bento box is barely 12 inches. This made me upset enough to write this stupid note, I’m fed up with labels that are just not what they state they are. But what do I expect when I buy more crap from China . I guess that I’ll have to take them back and find something else to store my vinyl collection in.

• Erin Gentry June 28, 2012 at 9:12 am #

Hi Mark,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with Bento. The dimensions of Bento may slightly vary due to the handcrafted nature of the product. I am sorry that the boxes you purchased would not work for your records and I hope you find something that will help you store them.

Thanks,
      Erin

4. Wendy November 3, 2011 at 2:52 pm #

I just received my set today. The boxes are beautiful! Sturdy and pretty- and the flex dividers are absolutely brilliant. My husband has already started making plans for how he wants to use them- I should get another set for him!

5. Angi October 27, 2011 at 6:38 pm #

Love the mosey oak tote!!

6. debbie b October 27, 2011 at 4:11 pm #

I like that the Rubbermaid Bento’s look classy enough to have as part of the decor in the house & that unlike regular totes that can have pockets so that you can have compartments to keep things together without having the “thrown in the box look”.

7. Laura October 19, 2011 at 11:45 am #

I love what you can organize with this set of boxes! Awesome colors!

• Erin Gentry October 19, 2011 at 2:03 pm #

Thanks Laura, my favorite color is Paprika…which one is yours?

8. ~ Joetta October 14, 2011 at 6:05 pm #

When will they be in stores?
    Can you tell us which stores will be selling them?
    Thank you!

• Erin Gentry October 19, 2011 at 3:19 pm #

Joetta – Bento is currently available at Fred Meyer, rubbermaid.com and OpenSky.com.

9. Erin Gentry October 7, 2011 at 8:42 am #

Hi CDM,
    Bento is actually not plastic but fabric. Technically it is CARB-certified MDF board and high-quality polyester if you really want to know ;)
    Thanks!
    Erin

10. CDM October 7, 2011 at 2:29 am #

I like the different colors. Are they made of plastic?

11. Audrey October 5, 2011 at 5:24 pm #

I can’t wait to see them….I have been looking for something to store my dvd’s in and this looks perfect for a shelf.

12. Storage box October 3, 2011 at 8:55 am #

Love your product for storing the stuffs. I also make the use of the storage box in my home. A small storage box can store so many things.

13. Jackie October 2, 2011 at 9:37 pm #

This really does sound like an awesome product. I will have to keep an eye out for them. I can think of several uses in my home.

14. Elizabeth Knost September 30, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

The Bento looks awesome! I’d love to try one! I can think of a million uses!