Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation

This is a guest post written by Rubbermaid’s Rose Cohen who works in our marketing department.

I have a very small laundry closet that has become very cluttered. I have had some ideas on how I wanted to free up space, easily access the items I frequently used and have a home for items so it wouldn’t become cluttered.  I recently added a hang rod to hang clothing that we needed to air dry or iron before putting away but still had trouble with the clutter and accessibility problem. I had planned to  tear down the wire shelf I had in there and install a new shelf system. 3 months later I have yet to have a day set aside for a demolition project like that so instead I used the 4 Shelf Closet Helper. I was able to install it in less than 10 minutes and it worked with the shelf I currently had. The best part was there were no tools needed. I probably could have done it with a 2 Shelf Closet Helper but if we move (which is likely since we are in a rental) I can take it with me and be confident it will fit into any space I need it to fit. I was able to move down the items off the top shelf to where I could reach them. Now I don’t have to climb on top of the washer or ask my husband to help me and I was even able to move things that were cluttering under my sink (like cleaning rags and Reveal / Flexible Sweeper replacement pads) onto one of the shelves. I now have freed up space so I have a surface to fold clothes on right out of the dryer.It might not be a WOW before and after but it made a big difference in my daily routine of doing laundry.

Before

After!

, , ,

8 Responses to Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation

1. I intended to draft you that very little remark so as to give many thanks as before relating to the beautiful basics you’ve shared above. It was so strangely generous of you to provide openly what numerous people might have supplied as an e-book to earn some bucks for themselves, certainly considering the fact that you could have tried it in the event you desired. These tips additionally served like the great way to understand that other individuals have a similar eagerness like mine to grasp lots more in respect of this condition. I think there are many more fun sessions up front for those who read through your blog.

2. adidas bubble jacket September 25, 2016 at 6:32 pm #

Hello, you used to write excellent, but the last several posts have been kinda boring I miss your tremendous writings. Past few posts are just a little out of track! come on!

3. adidas jackets on sale September 25, 2016 at 6:32 pm #

I’m still learning from you, as I’m making my way to the top as well. I definitely liked reading everything that is posted on your website.Keep the information coming. I liked it!

4. cheap adidas shirts September 25, 2016 at 6:31 pm #

I’ve been browsing online more than three hours as of late, but I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is beautiful value enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the web shall be much more useful than ever before.

5. Lawrence Oldham August 29, 2012 at 2:07 am #

I want to install some wire shelving in my laundry room. However, I live in a pier and beam house and when the washer gets to the spin cycle, the room starts to shake a little. This means that items on my installed shelving like laundry detergent, fabric softener, etc. will vibrate off the shelf and fall to the floor. I’ve been looking for shelving that might have some sort of a lip to keep all items intact during the washer’s spin cycle but haven’t found anything, yet. Any suggestions?

Lawrence

• Erin Gentry September 7, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

Hi Lawrence,

I’m sorry – I have not been able to find anything for you. Good luck!

Thanks,
      Erin from Rubbermaid

6. Maryann D. August 26, 2012 at 8:39 am #

I also have the same wire rack shelf and rod to hang clothes to dry, so it looks like my small laundry room. I do like the idea of the new shelf system that you added, it looks great. That would help me out a lot because I do have a hard time reaching for the items high on the shelf. Thanks for this great idea!

7. Shawna August 25, 2012 at 1:31 am #

I could use a couple of those for my laundry area, but I’d need the shelf and rod as well! What a fabulous way to help organize the laundry room!