Getting and staying organized is one of those things that many people feel they should be able to do on their own, without professional assistance. But for many people, that’s much easier said than done. For those folks, hiring a professional organizer can transform their lives.
Here are just a few of the ways that a professional organizer can help clients:
- She allows you to make a financial and time commitment to your organizing project, which means that it actually gets done.
- She helps you identify your organizing goals and provides motivation and encouragement on your way to achieving them.
- She brings expertise and fresh ideas, along with an objective eye, to your situation. She can come up with a solution to an organizing challenge you’ve been grappling with forever.
- She has resources! Many professional organizers are well connected with other service providers in your community. You don’t have go to the effort to interview and evaluate handymen, gardeners, house cleaners, junk haulers or movers any more.
- She can physically help you declutter (or perhaps bring in multiple organizers to help), which makes the task go much, much faster.
- She can give you the support and guidance for making tough decisions about letting go of items.
(The majority of professional organizers are women, which is why I’ve used the female pronoun. No disrespect to my wonderful male colleagues!)
This is just the tip of the iceberg. The help that an organizer can give you is pretty much up limited only by your imagination. Investing in working with a professional organizer can be an amazing gift you give yourself. To find an organizer near you, just visit the website of the National Association of Professional Organizers.
Do you have a room or area in your home that needs organization help?
No worries – the Rubbermaid Professional Organizer Squad is here with expert advice! This group of professional organizers has seen and tackled it all. Simply enter your question, screen name and email to submit your question to them (any organizing question is welcome, no matter how simple or complicated!). We’ll answer and feature questions the squad can provide the best answers on. Don’t worry – we’ll email you if your question is selected!