If you’re like a lot of people, you had big plans at the beginning of summer for getting things done around the house. We’re staring down the end of summer…how’s that list progressing?
If you find you haven’t checked off as many items as you’d like, don’t lose hope. Here are some ideas for getting that stuff done.
- Break it down into small bites. Tiny projects are easier to start than big ones. Take a few bites out of your project and you’ll be that much further along.
- Let go of perfect. Even if you don’t do the task perfectly, some effort is better than none at all.
- Delegate. If you have family members who can do the work instead, ask them. You don’t have to do everything yourself!
- Enlist help. If your to-do list includes organizing projects, hire a professional organizer to work alongside of you. It can be amazingly motivating and productive. (You can find an organizer near you at the National Association of Professional Organizers’ website.)
- Let some items go. Perhaps there are projects on your list that aren’t really necessary. Or are no longer desirable. Feel free to dismiss those projects without guilt. Then enjoy the freedom that can bring!
Do you have a room or area in your home that needs organization help?
No worries – the Rubbermaid Professional Organizer Squad is here with expert advice! This group of professional organizers has seen and tackled it all. Simply enter your question, screen name and email to submit your question to them (any organizing question is welcome, no matter how simple or complicated!). We’ll answer and feature questions the squad can provide the best answers on. Don’t worry – we’ll email you if your question is selected!