Ahhhhh, purses. They are a joy for so many of my clients but can be a burden and just plain frustrating if the storage / display solution isn’t effective. I would first decide if you can store them in your closet or bedroom? Where do you have the most space? If you want to store them in the closet, I would suggest these options:
- Pick up S-hooks and use the entire length of a closet rod to display your purse collection
- Utilize the top perimeter of your closet shelves to store your purses (stuff them with packing paper so that they keep their shape) and position shelf dividers in between each 5 or so to keep them in line
- For clutches and smaller purses, open bins or trays work great on a low lying shelf or even a closet drawer if you have one to spare
If you need to go to the bedroom for storing your purse collection, here are some solutions:
- A set of cubbies works great and you can decorate the top half with books, decor or make an entire accessory area with earring and necklaces
- Install dowel rods and use S-hooks on a wall to create a purse wall
- A armoire works great as a new place to house your curated purse collection
I also created a Pinterest Board with lots of ideas and options so that you can see each idea in action (Click here to see).
Do you have a room or area in your home that needs organization help?
No worries – the Rubbermaid Professional Organizer Squad is here with expert advice! This group of professional organizers has seen and tackled it all. Simply enter your question, screen name and email to submit your question to them (any organizing question is welcome, no matter how simple or complicated!). We’ll answer and feature questions the squad can provide the best answers on. Don’t worry – we’ll email you if your question is selected!