It’s never been easier to stay organized and travel light while vacationing. Thanks to smartphones and tablets, with just a little advance planning, you can have all the information you need at your fingertips–without lugging along guide books or a laptop.
Here are some ways you can use your smartphone or tablet to help you on vacation:
- Use an app like TripIt to manage your itineraries and put all your travel plans at your fingertips
- Download maps from Stay.com’s mobile app so that you can have maps at the ready even when you’re not online.
- Stockpile electronic books in your device’s library so you’ll have plenty to read without toting books along.
- Use the free Airports app by Travel Nerd to get flight status updates, as well as terminal maps and lists of restaurants in various airports.
- Use an app like Urbanspoon to help you find restaurants while you’re at your destination.
- Use the GPS in your smartphone so that you don’t have to bring along a GPS or add a costly one on to your car rental.
If you’re leaving the country, be sure and check with your cellular company about data and roaming. You may be able to purchase a pro-rated international plan that will allow you to use your phone without incurring excessive charges.
(There are many, many travel apps out there and the ones mentioned are just a few of the available options. Try to pick one or two and don’t clutter up your phone with multiple apps that serve the same function.)
Do you have a room or area in your home that needs organization help?
No worries – the Rubbermaid Professional Organizer Squad is here with expert advice! This group of professional organizers has seen and tackled it all. Simply enter your question, screen name and email to submit your question to them (any organizing question is welcome, no matter how simple or complicated!). We’ll answer and feature questions the squad can provide the best answers on. Don’t worry – we’ll email you if your question is selected!