Empty dishwasher

The power of the morning routine

I love routines because they make tasks automatic. The more I can do automatically, without thinking, each morning, the more smoothly the day goes. The benefits are clear for the few habits I’ve strung together in my morning routine:

• I floss daily without even thinking about it and my dental check ups are a dream
  • I wipe down the bathroom fixtures daily so I no longer have to worry if a guest wants to use the bathroom
  • I empty the dishwasher which my husband runs at bedtime, while I’m making morning coffee and dishes no longer linger on the counter or sink, since there’s an empty dishwasher waiting to receive them

Those three things make a huge difference in my life. They are the foundation for my day. I created the routine by adding to what I already was doing. First, I added flossing after brushing my teeth. After that was established, I added wiping down the fixtures. At about the same time, I added unloading the dishwasher to my coffee-making routine, something I also did daily.

Are there beneficial habits that you could add to the things you’re already doing? Is there anything you could do directly after brushing your teeth, for instance? Or while you make coffee? Or right after you get out of bed?

Pairing new habits with established ones can create routines that make your life easier. And don’t we all want an easier life?

Janine Adams is a messy professional organizer who loves helping others create order. The co-founder of Declutter Happy Hour, she believes in having as much fun as possible in the organizing process. Check out her web site at Peace of Mind Organizing!

Do you have a room or area in your home that needs organization help?

No worries – the Rubbermaid Professional Organizer Squad is here with expert advice! This group of professional organizers has seen and tackled it all. Simply enter your question, screen name and email to submit your question to them (any organizing question is welcome, no matter how simple or complicated!). We’ll answer and feature questions the squad can provide the best answers on. Don’t worry – we’ll email you if your question is selected!

, , ,

12 Responses to The power of the morning routine

1. document unexpected apparent September 26, 2016 at 6:12 pm #

HW

2. entikhabat.jo September 26, 2016 at 5:31 pm #

I am now not certain the place you’re getting your information, but good topic.
    I needs to spend a while finding out more or figuring out more.
    Thank you for excellent info I was searching for this info for my mission.

3. Garcinia Cambogia is a Dual Activity Fat Buster” that suppresses appetite and prevents fat from being
    made.

4. Jorg September 26, 2016 at 1:36 pm #

Garcinia Cambogia est différent des autres suppléments alimentaires parce que ce n’est pas fait dans un laboratoire.

5. MacFarlane Group September 26, 2016 at 1:08 pm #

Very interеsting information!Perfect juѕt what I ѡas looking for!

6. Pilar September 26, 2016 at 12:18 pm #

You must have the infusion half an hour before the meals in an empty stomach.

7. Julieta September 26, 2016 at 11:51 am #

It begins its reaction with the fatty cells, just after Garcinia
    Cambogia is consumed.

8. Octavio September 26, 2016 at 10:13 am #

Previous studies demonstrate that garcinia cambogia may, actually, increase
    the amounts of serotonin – a neurotransmitter.

9. garcinia cambogia gnc 60 hca September 26, 2016 at 8:01 am #

Introduction : Garcinia cambogia is a small, sweet, exotic fruit
    native to Southeast Asia and South India.

10. Regan September 26, 2016 at 6:30 am #

The Garcinia Cambogia Extract came to prominence after Dr.
    Julie Chen , a specialist in diets and weight loss, was competent to release
    findings that showed taking the Garcinia Cambogia Extract led to two to three
    times more weight loss than taking regular supplements.

11. Mohammad September 26, 2016 at 3:51 am #

No. While both products include key ingredients that are powerful, the gummies comprise frauenmantle leaf infusion,
    wild olive leaf extract, cormino seed extract,
    and horsemint leaf extract as its crucial elements, andthe pills contain green coffee as its essential ingredient.

12. Louvenia September 26, 2016 at 3:03 am #

Eventually, it is worth contemplating the fact that time and time again we see various
    fad products and diets being publicized to help foster weight loss
    — but what actually works in the end is living a lifestyle that is healthful
    long term.