Like many teens, you find it fun to collect nicknacks. They are often memorabilia, whimsical items that make you feel good, and sentimental items. So how do you make them look neat and organized? Here are some ideas for organizing your stuff: 1. Shelves – if you don’t have shelves, ask your parents for 2 […]
About Allison Carter
Question: I’d love to hear some of the professional organizers’ advice/opinions on how to get the rest of the family on board with staying organized. The standard advice is get the family involved in each organization project and/or that the results will be so fabulous it will motivate everyone to keep the newly organized space in shape. My family is a […]
Question: I have an older home. The closets are old. Ceiling to floor is 95 inches high. Width wall to wall it is 59 inches long. What do you suggest? Answer: When designing a closet, it is best to find out some facts about the user such as: Are you male or female? Are you tall […]
What is the best way to store items that 14 month old isn’t using (bottles, play gyms, swing, jumper, etc.); I’d like to save them for child #2. Saving items for younger children can be fairly simple. The way I prefer to do it is by sorting items out chronologically based on when the next […]
Important paperwork comes in 2 main flavors – Saved information – stuff you’re saving for REFERENCE Active information – Paperwork you are still working on or have to decide on before you can file it or toss it. The Active information needs to be kept in, on, or around your desk (or work space if […]
Q: What do I do with gifts I don’t like but I don’t feel right getting rid of? Someone took the time and effort to get them for me, but I have no use for them. A: What you’re describing is a feeling of obligation. You don’t have a sentimental attachment (happy or sad memory). […]
How you store your yarn, fabric, and other art supplies has a lot to do with how much you own. For the casual user, there are some storage systems that are very simple and attractive and even fun! When you own a lot of anything, it becomes more complicated to store and requires more categorization […]
I am re-doing my laundry room and am looking for ideas on how to get organized. Any product suggestions?
Having an organized laundry is critical when trying to keep the laundry flowing through, and getting done. There are 7 steps to doing laundry!! And each step can cause a bottle-neck if you don’t have a space for it, or make the time. Step 1. Dirty Laundry – you will need a hamper in each […]
Q: I have lots of papers in my room in a box for myself and my 3 children - awards, taxes, receipts. I need help! What do I do? A: This is a very, very, VERY common issue in modern households. Even in this electronic era we have more papers to organize than ever before. […]
ANTI – RESOLUTIONARY Resolution Reality: Twenty-two percent of all New Year’s resolutions are broken in the first week according to the Journal of Clinical Psychology. Only 10 percent of people who make resolutions actually succeed, according to surveys. — Washington Pos So how are your resolutions coming along? If you’re anything like me and most […]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Organizing Baking Supplies and Snacks March 11, 2013
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- What product would you suggest to store wrapping supplies, including large rolls, bows, tags, bags, etc.? January 2, 2013
- How do we store tools and bulky outdoor gear we use approx 2x per month? We have a narrow, deep closet. September 9, 2013
- De-junk your junk drawer! September 7, 2013
- My very small kitchen needs help with recycling September 6, 2013
- How do you store all of your odd shaped bakeware pans? September 4, 2013
- What is the best way to organize good china and silverware as well as paper supplies for formal dinners and casual parties? August 30, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...