What is the best way to store items that 14 month old isn’t using (bottles, play gyms, swing, jumper, etc.); I’d like to save them for child #2. Saving items for younger children can be fairly simple. The way I prefer to do it is by sorting items out chronologically based on when the next [...]
About Allison Carter
Important paperwork comes in 2 main flavors – Saved information – stuff you’re saving for REFERENCE Active information – Paperwork you are still working on or have to decide on before you can file it or toss it. The Active information needs to be kept in, on, or around your desk (or work space if [...]
Q: What do I do with gifts I don’t like but I don’t feel right getting rid of? Someone took the time and effort to get them for me, but I have no use for them. A: What you’re describing is a feeling of obligation. You don’t have a sentimental attachment (happy or sad memory). [...]
How you store your yarn, fabric, and other art supplies has a lot to do with how much you own. For the casual user, there are some storage systems that are very simple and attractive and even fun! When you own a lot of anything, it becomes more complicated to store and requires more categorization [...]
I am re-doing my laundry room and am looking for ideas on how to get organized. Any product suggestions?
Having an organized laundry is critical when trying to keep the laundry flowing through, and getting done. There are 7 steps to doing laundry!! And each step can cause a bottle-neck if you don’t have a space for it, or make the time. Step 1. Dirty Laundry – you will need a hamper in each [...]
Q: I have lots of papers in my room in a box for myself and my 3 children - awards, taxes, receipts. I need help! What do I do? A: This is a very, very, VERY common issue in modern households. Even in this electronic era we have more papers to organize than ever before. [...]
ANTI – RESOLUTIONARY Resolution Reality: Twenty-two percent of all New Year’s resolutions are broken in the first week according to the Journal of Clinical Psychology. Only 10 percent of people who make resolutions actually succeed, according to surveys. — Washington Pos So how are your resolutions coming along? If you’re anything like me and most [...]
I’m a media specialist and we have 18 MP3 players that need to be organized. They’re currently dumped in a drawer. Any thoughts?
The first question is why do you have 18 MP3 players? If possible, pick your favorite one for every member of the household and sell or donate the rest if they are in working condition. You might even keep one extra in case someone’s breaks or is out of batteries. To organize them, pair each [...]
I am wondering if you have any suggestions or ideas on how to teach my son (now 8 years old, 3rd grade) organization.
I’m in the same boat. My 3rd grader is having trouble keeping track of things as well. This is the year teachers stop reminding the children and let them start to keep track of their own things. Some are ready. Some are not. If you can make a checklist - words and pictures -and laminate the list or stick it into a page protector sheet and have him [...]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- 5 Reasons We Clutter & Solutions To Stay Ahead of the Clutter Curve May 29, 2012
- Getting Your Travel Supplies Under Control July 16, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- Lisa: I got here because I am searching to buy more tote...
- Jamie: Great ideas and a great blog I just stumbled on! I...
- pron pronvideos adult searchengines: After I initially left a comment I appear to have ...
- Hollie: When you open my coat closet, I have a shoe organi...
- Gizem: Oh, this is a nice giveaway. I love anhyting that...