When you’re storing supplies that you need to use fairly often, having easy access to them will be essential. Since your shelves are deep, you’ll probably need to store the container with your most used items toward the front of your shelf. You can use sturdy, plastic containers (remember to add labels!) to store your […]
About Deb Lee
How do we store tools and bulky outdoor gear we use approx 2x per month? We have a narrow, deep closet.
Small spaces can sometimes be a challenge, but fortunately, there are things you can do to make these areas function the way you want them to. One way to get the best use out of a small area is to use vertical space (stacking, adding hooks/shelves to walls and the inside or backs of doors). That […]
What is the best way to organize good china and silverware as well as paper supplies for formal dinners and casual parties?
There are a few ways you can keep both your special and casual dinnerware organized. You may want to keep paper plates and plastic utensils out of sight. The key will be to make sure that they are easily accessible when you need them. You can keep paper plates and utensils in zip top bags […]
I’m moving into a rental house where I’ll be living in an attic room that has no closets and slanted ceilings. Any suggestions for storing clothes?
Congrats on your upcoming move! Since you’ll be moving into a rental, you will want to stay away from making any permanent changes. That said, hooks (installed on one of the ceiling slats or any solid wall) and valet rods can be very helpful. Also, think about using one or more garment racks (with or without casters […]
Depending on the amount of closet space you have, there are a number of ways to store your shoes. But, before you begin looking for storage solutions, your first step would be to decide which ones you will: 1. Keep 2. Repair (and then keep) 3. Donate Then, your second step is to create a […]
Spring is a great time of year to unclutter your garage. It can seem like a daunting project, but it doesn’t have to be! Having a good plan of attack can help you stay focused and get your garage looking and functioning the way you need it to. Figure out what you have. What exactly […]
Keeping your papers organized can sometimes be a challenge. Before attempting to put the papers away, you’ll first need to figure what types of documents you have and put them in categories. So, you might have business papers (like taxes, policies, client information) and personal papers (like home repair/maintenance, insurance, appliances). Once you have you […]
There are a few products that you can use to keep your most frequently used brushes organized and easily accessible. Keep in mind that you should regularly clean your makeup brushes (usually once per week) to reduce the build up of germs and bacteria. You don’t need a fancy cleaner — mild shampoo or even […]
Reading is a great way to reduce stress and learn something new or interesting, and if you love to read, you might find yourself with quite a few books and little room to store them. You may want to start by selecting your favorites and “must-haves,” and then consider keeping them on a sturdy bookcase […]
What product would you suggest to store wrapping supplies, including large rolls, bows, tags, bags, etc.?
You can use a Rubbermaid storage tote to store your gift wrapping supplies, but the type of container you use will depend on the volume of supplies you have as well as where you’ll be putting your storage containers (e.g., garage, basement, under the bed, in a closet, etc.). Based on type of items you mentioned, […]
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- What is the best way to organize good china and silverware as well as paper supplies for formal dinners and casual parties? August 30, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...