I finally took some time this weekend to organize my version of a junk drawer. I filmed the results so you could see what I did! Now I just have to get in the habit so keeping these containers organized!
About Erin Gentry
As I have mentioned before, professional organizer Melissa Smallwood of Organized Life by Design volunteered her services to help the Consumer Queen organize her garage. Now that the Consumer Queen's garage is decluttered, she was able to send Melissa her garage dimensions and a better idea of what needed to go in the space. Melissa […]
For the past week I have been trying this tip I found at 5 Dollar Dinners – and it REALLY WORKS! It works for me because it is simple and quick. When loading your dishwasher, put all like silverware in the same compartment. Knives go in one compartment, forks in another, and so on. It […]
The Consumer Queen is working hard with her garage makeover. As professional organizer Melissa Smallwood advised (see this post), the Consumer Queen is starting with decluttering. She has started to go through her garage and get rid of the junk – with a garage sale. Check out her garage sale and her progress!
I finally found sometime this weekend to begin tackling my "junk drawers." I decided to do some research beyond the AWESOME comments that my other post left to find out just where to start. I stumbled on Christine Kane's blog post about what your junk drawer can teach you about success. This post made me […]
The first step of any organizing project (after admitting the problem exists) is to DECLUTTER! Melissa Smallwood from Organized Life By Design offered the Consumer Queen these tips for Decluttering: Problem Area: GarageUltimate goal for space: clean, organized storage, safe for kids to use space for games and crafts, room to park vehicle Group like […]
For those of you who missed Jim Deitzel's post linking to a video of Melissa's (aka The Consumer Queen) garage, you need to go check it out. Her garage was an absolute mess (no offense Melissa!). Here are a few pictures. She was pleading for help from Rubbermaid to get her garage organized. This […]
My fellow Adventures in Organization blogger Jim Deitzel blogged a few days ago about Rubbermaid's new website www.easyfindlids.com where you can share stories about your food storage organization (his post is here). I have exponentially enjoyed reading everyone's stories about their successes and challenges organizing their food storage containers. Some have made me laugh and others gave great […]
I was talking to my cubical mate at work the other day and she said something that inspired me. “Junk drawers are a great place to start organizing. You can finish it quickly and feel satisfied.” Brilliant! I was inspired to go organize my junk drawers until…drum roll…I realized I did not have any. As […]
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Four tips to help you get any organizing project done April 10, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...