When you’re figuring out where to store things in your kitchen, think about flow. You want to make it easy to prepare food and to clean up without unnecessary steps. For example, store your dishes near your dishwasher to make it easy to empty it. Store your food storage containers near where you would fill […]
About Janine Adams
If you have an attic you can use for storage, count your blessings! What you store in your attic might be affected by how easy it is to access it. If you have a simple staircase to the attic, great. You can store out-of-season items or anything you don’t need easy access to. If getting […]
Here in Missouri, it’s starting to feel like autumn. After a blistering hot summer, it actually feels like gloves, hats and scarves may some day be worn again. I’m a knitter and one of the occupational hazards of being a knitter is that you tend to have a whole lot of handknit scarves, hats and […]
When it comes to organizing, I’m not fond of saying anything is the best way. Something that may be best for you may not be best for me. But let me tell you some good ways (and there are many others) to organize photos: Digitally on your computer: You can use a program in your […]
Storing your makeup isn’t really different from how you might store your food in the pantry. You want to have the makeup that you use regularly close at hand and you can put the special occasion stuff in more remote spaces. If your makeup is a jumbled mess, here’s what I recommend: Start by weeding […]
If the boxes in your garage are truly filled with clutter, the first step is to declutter. Empty the boxes and donate or discard anything you don’t need, use or love. That should reduce the quantity of stuff you need to organize. The next step is to categorize what you want to keep and decide […]
I have 40-50 feet to store items: paper, beads, tools, paper cutter, paint, glue, fabric scraps. What lightweight, flexible, durable system would work?
Forty to 50 feet is a lot of space. Lucky you! I’m assuming that this is wall space. You could mount shelves on the wall and use light-weight plastic or cardboard containers to store your various craft items. In addition to shelves, you could mount magnetic spice tins to store items like beads. You can […]
One of the smartest organizational changes I made in my pantry was to start storing my food-storage containers with the lids on the containers. It wasn’t my idea. In fact, I resisted it when my friend, a fellow professional organizer with whom I occasionally swap services, suggested it. I was sure I it would take […]
If I were sharing my office with a laundry room, I’d want to minimize the footprint of the laundry portion of the room. To do that, think about your vertical space. Can you mount shelves or cupboards on the wall above the washer and dryer to store detergent and other supplies? Perhaps you can get […]
Our bathrooms typically contain a large quantity of small items and it’s pretty easy for chaos to reign. But with fairly little effort, you can create and maintain an organized bathroom that’s a pleasure to use (and to look at). Here are six steps to get you there: Start with a purge. Most bathrooms have […]
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...