If the boxes in your garage are truly filled with clutter, the first step is to declutter. Empty the boxes and donate or discard anything you don’t need, use or love. That should reduce the quantity of stuff you need to organize. The next step is to categorize what you want to keep and decide […]
About Janine Adams
I have 40-50 feet to store items: paper, beads, tools, paper cutter, paint, glue, fabric scraps. What lightweight, flexible, durable system would work?
Forty to 50 feet is a lot of space. Lucky you! I’m assuming that this is wall space. You could mount shelves on the wall and use light-weight plastic or cardboard containers to store your various craft items. In addition to shelves, you could mount magnetic spice tins to store items like beads. You can […]
One of the smartest organizational changes I made in my pantry was to start storing my food-storage containers with the lids on the containers. It wasn’t my idea. In fact, I resisted it when my friend, a fellow professional organizer with whom I occasionally swap services, suggested it. I was sure I it would take […]
If I were sharing my office with a laundry room, I’d want to minimize the footprint of the laundry portion of the room. To do that, think about your vertical space. Can you mount shelves or cupboards on the wall above the washer and dryer to store detergent and other supplies? Perhaps you can get […]
Our bathrooms typically contain a large quantity of small items and it’s pretty easy for chaos to reign. But with fairly little effort, you can create and maintain an organized bathroom that’s a pleasure to use (and to look at). Here are six steps to get you there: Start with a purge. Most bathrooms have […]
My room is the storage spot in my apartment, as well as other closet spaces. Please help with organization skills. Seeing is believing.
If you have a variety of storage spaces around your home, it can be easy to lose track of what’s kept where. One way to get around this is to sort everything into categories so that you can designate one storage area as the place for one type of item and another storage area for […]
Do you have any ideas for storing brooms, the new Reveal mop, etc. on the stairways going to the cellar?
If you have a typical straight set of stairs to the cellar, you should be able to mount a set of hooks along the wall at the top of stairs. That’s a great place hang your Reveal mop, broom, or other cleaning implements. That wall space is typically unused in most homes. You can try […]
I have every craft imaginable. I purchased containers & shelves. Where and how do I start organizing?
Do you actually do every craft imaginable? Many folks get excited about a craft and buy all sorts of supplies, then find out they don’t actually have that much enthusiasm for the craft. (It’s happened to me!) If you have supplies for crafts you don’t really love, I’d recommend donating them. That will give you […]
It’s a great idea to bring your own bags to the supermarket, but storing the bags can be challenging! I recently attended the annual conference of the National Association of Professional Organizers and one of the exhibitors was Tote Buddy. They make a folder (decorative or plain) that reusable grocery bags fit into. You use […]
When you’re thinking about organizing your closet, the very first thing to do is to go through your clothes and let go of any clothes you don’t love, that don’t fit, or that are stained or damaged. After you’ve pared your wardrobe down to the clothes you love and wear (and, I’d suggest, feel great […]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Organizing Baking Supplies and Snacks March 11, 2013
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- What product would you suggest to store wrapping supplies, including large rolls, bows, tags, bags, etc.? January 2, 2013
- How do we store tools and bulky outdoor gear we use approx 2x per month? We have a narrow, deep closet. September 9, 2013
- De-junk your junk drawer! September 7, 2013
- My very small kitchen needs help with recycling September 6, 2013
- How do you store all of your odd shaped bakeware pans? September 4, 2013
- What is the best way to organize good china and silverware as well as paper supplies for formal dinners and casual parties? August 30, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...