If you have a variety of storage spaces around your home, it can be easy to lose track of what’s kept where. One way to get around this is to sort everything into categories so that you can designate one storage area as the place for one type of item and another storage area for […]
About Janine Adams
My room is the storage spot in my apartment, as well as other closet spaces. Please help with organization skills. Seeing is believing.
Do you have any ideas for storing brooms, the new Reveal mop, etc. on the stairways going to the cellar?
If you have a typical straight set of stairs to the cellar, you should be able to mount a set of hooks along the wall at the top of stairs. That’s a great place hang your Reveal mop, broom, or other cleaning implements. That wall space is typically unused in most homes. You can try […]
I have every craft imaginable. I purchased containers & shelves. Where and how do I start organizing?
Do you actually do every craft imaginable? Many folks get excited about a craft and buy all sorts of supplies, then find out they don’t actually have that much enthusiasm for the craft. (It’s happened to me!) If you have supplies for crafts you don’t really love, I’d recommend donating them. That will give you […]
It’s a great idea to bring your own bags to the supermarket, but storing the bags can be challenging! I recently attended the annual conference of the National Association of Professional Organizers and one of the exhibitors was Tote Buddy. They make a folder (decorative or plain) that reusable grocery bags fit into. You use […]
When you’re thinking about organizing your closet, the very first thing to do is to go through your clothes and let go of any clothes you don’t love, that don’t fit, or that are stained or damaged. After you’ve pared your wardrobe down to the clothes you love and wear (and, I’d suggest, feel great […]
If you’re a naturally messy person like me, creating organization for items you use every day can be tricky. I enjoy the visual peace created by putting everything away, but when I know I’m just going to get it out again soon, that can feel like wasted effort. Over the years, I’ve developed some ways […]
I’m not ashamed to admit that I hate cleaning house. As a naturally messy person, I have a fairly high tolerance for disorder and so sometimes I let things get pretty bad before I clean. And then the whole time I’m cleaning I beat myself up about letting it get so bad and the whole […]
What is it about a new year that makes it seem so full of promise? Maybe it’s that so many of us reflect and take stock at year’s end. Or perhaps it’s the end of the holiday season that makes us ready to focus on new things. Maybe it’s as simple as the thrill of […]
What do you recommend for storing many 12″ action figures? I’m thinking something like clear stackable cubes with apothecary drawers.
I’m going to make the assumption that these are action figures that are played with, not collectible items that are still in their packaging. How you store these action figures will depend on how you’re planning to use them. Are they played with a lot? Do you need super-easy access to specific individual figures? If […]
The key to maintaining order is having great habits and routines. If you can get into the habit of putting away items when you’re through using them, or just putting stuff away before bed, then in my opinion you’re staying organized. If you don’t have a place for everything, that might be because you have […]
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- What is the best way to organize good china and silverware as well as paper supplies for formal dinners and casual parties? August 30, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...