If you’re a naturally messy person like me, creating organization for items you use every day can be tricky. I enjoy the visual peace created by putting everything away, but when I know I’m just going to get it out again soon, that can feel like wasted effort. Over the years, I’ve developed some ways […]
About Janine Adams
I’m not ashamed to admit that I hate cleaning house. As a naturally messy person, I have a fairly high tolerance for disorder and so sometimes I let things get pretty bad before I clean. And then the whole time I’m cleaning I beat myself up about letting it get so bad and the whole […]
What is it about a new year that makes it seem so full of promise? Maybe it’s that so many of us reflect and take stock at year’s end. Or perhaps it’s the end of the holiday season that makes us ready to focus on new things. Maybe it’s as simple as the thrill of […]
What do you recommend for storing many 12″ action figures? I’m thinking something like clear stackable cubes with apothecary drawers.
I’m going to make the assumption that these are action figures that are played with, not collectible items that are still in their packaging. How you store these action figures will depend on how you’re planning to use them. Are they played with a lot? Do you need super-easy access to specific individual figures? If […]
The key to maintaining order is having great habits and routines. If you can get into the habit of putting away items when you’re through using them, or just putting stuff away before bed, then in my opinion you’re staying organized. If you don’t have a place for everything, that might be because you have […]
Lucky you to have two large linen closets! I can imagine, though, that having two closets is twice as frustrating if they get messy and disorganized. If each linen closet holds a separate category of linens (for example, linens for certain rooms) and that works for you, then I’d suggest you tackle each closet separately. […]
Congrats on letting go of your excess! Assuming at end of your decluttering process you were able to put everything away, then the key to maintaining your new-found order is to create new habits. Top of the list could be to put things away after you’ve finished using them. If you don’t manage to put […]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Organizing Baking Supplies and Snacks March 11, 2013
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- What product would you suggest to store wrapping supplies, including large rolls, bows, tags, bags, etc.? January 2, 2013
- How do we store tools and bulky outdoor gear we use approx 2x per month? We have a narrow, deep closet. September 9, 2013
- De-junk your junk drawer! September 7, 2013
- My very small kitchen needs help with recycling September 6, 2013
- How do you store all of your odd shaped bakeware pans? September 4, 2013
- What is the best way to organize good china and silverware as well as paper supplies for formal dinners and casual parties? August 30, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...