The beginning of winter is a great time to declutter the closet where you keep your clothes and winter gear. You can make the project easy by breaking it down into steps. Work on coats first. If you can, empty the closet and take a look at each coat. Have any been outgrown? Are there […]
I’m moving into a rental house where I’ll be living in an attic room that has no closets and slanted ceilings. Any suggestions for storing clothes?
Congrats on your upcoming move! Since you’ll be moving into a rental, you will want to stay away from making any permanent changes. That said, hooks (installed on one of the ceiling slats or any solid wall) and valet rods can be very helpful. Also, think about using one or more garment racks (with or without casters […]
Ahhhhh, purses. They are a joy for so many of my clients but can be a burden and just plain frustrating if the storage / display solution isn’t effective. I would first decide if you can store them in your closet or bedroom? Where do you have the most space? If you want to store […]
Whether you have a reach-in or a walk-in, the organizing begins with dividing the space. Once you decide if you’re splitting the space 50/50 or some other percentage ratio, you can start planning the closet. Reach-in closets are usually between four-feet to 8-feet across. In order to make the most of this small space for two people, […]
Depending on the amount of closet space you have, there are a number of ways to store your shoes. But, before you begin looking for storage solutions, your first step would be to decide which ones you will: 1. Keep 2. Repair (and then keep) 3. Donate Then, your second step is to create a […]
This post is written by Rubbermaid employee Pam Scovill I get bags everywhere I go…sometimes for free at 5K runs and sometimes I purchase them (a girl can never have enough bags?!). I’m sure this “bag issue” pertains to a lot of folks out there. Most of us don’t even know where half of these […]
One of the areas in my home that I love is the bathroom closet. My home was built in 1908, at a time when closets didn’t seem to be much of a priority. But each of our bathrooms has a fairly large closet, which we use to store towels, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. One of […]
This post is written by Rubbermaid employee Gretchen Walsh I belong to the “out of sight, out of mind” club – I love my space to look de-cluttered (who doesn’t?)…but if something’s hidden away, it may as well not even exist. This is a problem for someone who’s also an active member of the “I […]
This is a guest post written by Professional Organizer Lea Schneider from Pensacola FL and owner of OrganizeRightNow.com. Some of the smallest organizing issues can really tie us up in knots. Take scarves for example. A great way to create new outfits out of your tired wardrobe is to accessorize with a scarf. Beautiful scarves […]
When organizing any closet, including one for a child, first decide what you’ll be storing (besides clothing and shoes). Will you keep costumes and dress up clothing inside the closet? Jackets and other outerwear and accessories (scarves, gloves)? Will you keep linens and blankets on the closet shelf? Toys? What you store, how much you store, […]
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- What is the best way to organize good china and silverware as well as paper supplies for formal dinners and casual parties? August 30, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...