This post is written by Rubbermaid employee Pam Scovill I get bags everywhere I go…sometimes for free at 5K runs and sometimes I purchase them (a girl can never have enough bags?!). I’m sure this “bag issue” pertains to a lot of folks out there. Most of us don’t even know where half of these [...]
One of the areas in my home that I love is the bathroom closet. My home was built in 1908, at a time when closets didn’t seem to be much of a priority. But each of our bathrooms has a fairly large closet, which we use to store towels, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. One of [...]
This post is written by Rubbermaid employee Gretchen Walsh I belong to the “out of sight, out of mind” club – I love my space to look de-cluttered (who doesn’t?)…but if something’s hidden away, it may as well not even exist. This is a problem for someone who’s also an active member of the “I [...]
This is a guest post written by Professional Organizer Lea Schneider from Pensacola FL and owner of OrganizeRightNow.com. Some of the smallest organizing issues can really tie us up in knots. Take scarves for example. A great way to create new outfits out of your tired wardrobe is to accessorize with a scarf. Beautiful scarves [...]
When organizing any closet, including one for a child, first decide what you’ll be storing (besides clothing and shoes). Will you keep costumes and dress up clothing inside the closet? Jackets and other outerwear and accessories (scarves, gloves)? Will you keep linens and blankets on the closet shelf? Toys? What you store, how much you store, [...]
One of the nice things about the changing of the seasons is that you get to wear new gear. With the weather getting colder as each day passes by, it’ll soon be time to start wearing your favorite coats, boots, hats, scarves, and gloves on a regular basis. Before you designate a storage space or [...]
A clean slate to work with (while fun) can also be overwhelming as the sky is the limit to what you can create! Here’s how I would tackle this project: 1. Figure out your budget for a closet system. There are plenty of options out there and here are some of my favorites to take [...]
Here in Missouri, it’s starting to feel like autumn. After a blistering hot summer, it actually feels like gloves, hats and scarves may some day be worn again. I’m a knitter and one of the occupational hazards of being a knitter is that you tend to have a whole lot of handknit scarves, hats and [...]
The thing I love about organizing jewelry is that are so many ways to store or display your collection. I’m going to share with you my top 3 ways to keep this category accessible and user friendly. 1. The easiest way I know to keep your gems in order is by repurposing small dishes and [...]
How to change your closet with the seasons The leaves are changing color. The nights are getting cooler. And it’s time to break out some warmer clothes. If you live in a climate with seasonal changes, and you don’t have a large enough closet to fit all of your clothes, you need to do a [...]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Getting Your Travel Supplies Under Control July 16, 2012
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- kitchen cleaning: We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand...
- Recommended Site: I delight in the info on your site. thnx!...
- Deb Lee: Thanks for your comment, William. You're right --...
- Lisa: I got here because I am searching to buy more tote...
- Jamie: Great ideas and a great blog I just stumbled on! I...