I always encourage people not to get to wrapped up in finding the perfect place to donate their items. I see that kind of perfectionism standing in the way of people getting unwanted items out of their home. That said, I know it’s really a great feeling when you find the just right place to [...]
Our Organization University team recently hosted a stealth attack…..Organization Day. Knowing that dedicating time to setting up systems and maintainence is key, we wanted to provide a time and all the tools our employees would need. We put a company wide meeting on the calendar and once everyone showed up….surpise!!! We hired two local Professional Organization [...]
Do you remember how much trash there was when you moved in/out from college? How crazy, overflowingly full the dumpsters were? I follow a blog from the website Earth911, and I was happy to find this story about Arizona State University and a program they have in place as students start to move out for the [...]
This guest post was written by Pauline Petrillo who works in our Research & Development group. When you think of being environmentally friendly in the office, you think about reducing paper usage, meal supplies & scrap, saving energy and commuting for employees. At Rubbermaid, we also have to think about how to recycle different parts [...]
Being a graphic designer, I admittedly [and unfortunately] use a lot of paper. I try to only print when I need to and use both sides of pieces when I can. One thing that has helped me do this is my scrap paper stash. It started as a small pile under my monitor, but now [...]
One [simple] green thing that some places are doing that spreads their brand name and saves consumers money is offering incentives for reusable cups. Zoe's Kitchen is a case in point. They offer branded reusable/travel cups for purchase (= distributing brand material that communicates their value in green initiatives), and when you bring it back [...]
As you might have seen, I have another stash at my desk – that post here. This bag stash is a little more incognito. When I moved to a new cube, I realized that I was using a step stool for my footrest that actually belonged to someone else who was letting me borrow it [...]
I don't know about you, but for some reason if/when I get a new blow dryer or new curling iron, I hold onto the old one. I think I'm going to use it as my "travel" curling iron or "backup" blow dryer…and I never touch it again. What I need to do is recycle them. [...]
This post is written by Aleigh, @GoodwillSP, from Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont. The holiday season is full of wonderful traditions—caroling, holiday parties, eggnog, shopping ‘til you drop—but there’s one holiday tradition you could start with your family that might add some extra holiday cheer: donating to Goodwill. However you choose to celebrate, chances [...]
You guys might remember about a year and a half ago, I made over my friend Randi's closet. Randi's Closet Makeover Series – Part 1: The problem Part 2: The makeover process Part 3: The end I am happy to report that Randi is engaged and she is getting married in June. However, her fiance [...]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Getting Your Travel Supplies Under Control July 16, 2012
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- kitchen cleaning: We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand...
- Recommended Site: I delight in the info on your site. thnx!...
- Deb Lee: Thanks for your comment, William. You're right --...
- Lisa: I got here because I am searching to buy more tote...
- Jamie: Great ideas and a great blog I just stumbled on! I...