Q: What do I do with gifts I don’t like but I don’t feel right getting rid of? Someone took the time and effort to get them for me, but I have no use for them. A: What you’re describing is a feeling of obligation. You don’t have a sentimental attachment (happy or sad memory). [...]
How you store your yarn, fabric, and other art supplies has a lot to do with how much you own. For the casual user, there are some storage systems that are very simple and attractive and even fun! When you own a lot of anything, it becomes more complicated to store and requires more categorization [...]
I am re-doing my laundry room and am looking for ideas on how to get organized. Any product suggestions?
Having an organized laundry is critical when trying to keep the laundry flowing through, and getting done. There are 7 steps to doing laundry!! And each step can cause a bottle-neck if you don’t have a space for it, or make the time. Step 1. Dirty Laundry – you will need a hamper in each [...]
Q: I have lots of papers in my room in a box for myself and my 3 children - awards, taxes, receipts. I need help! What do I do? A: This is a very, very, VERY common issue in modern households. Even in this electronic era we have more papers to organize than ever before. [...]
ANTI – RESOLUTIONARY Resolution Reality: Twenty-two percent of all New Year’s resolutions are broken in the first week according to the Journal of Clinical Psychology. Only 10 percent of people who make resolutions actually succeed, according to surveys. — Washington Pos So how are your resolutions coming along? If you’re anything like me and most [...]
I’m a media specialist and we have 18 MP3 players that need to be organized. They’re currently dumped in a drawer. Any thoughts?
The first question is why do you have 18 MP3 players? If possible, pick your favorite one for every member of the household and sell or donate the rest if they are in working condition. You might even keep one extra in case someone’s breaks or is out of batteries. To organize them, pair each [...]
By Allison Carter, CPO® – www.TheProfessionalOrganizer.com Living in a small-ish house has some advantages and disadvantages. On the plus side, the utility bills are low, there is less to clean, and it keeps me from acquiring more stuff than you need. On the down side, there just isn’t much room for the stuff you DO [...]
A question & answer session with professional organizer Allison Carter, CPO
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- Organizing winter scarves, hats, and mittens October 22, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- dermstore lavanila: I just had a baby 2 months ago, a wonderful baby b...
- metal building siding: It's amazing in favor of me to have a site, which...
- Renee Reader: Oh my, that's still 37 tote bags and string-mouth...
- Renee Reader: I really like the idea of using a vase or glass ja...
- Barney: I agree! Please make these and the larger totel...