Large athletic equipment can be a real challenge to store. One of the simplest ways to store lacrosse and hockey sticks is to use a tall garbage can and stand everything upright in it. If you would like to get them off of the floor, there are several options of hook systems you can attach [...]
What can I use to organize our athletics equipment in our garage? Such as lacrosse sticks, hockey sticks?
How can I organize my 4yr olds toys that isn’t tacky and won’t stick out like a sore thumb like most toy organization systems do?
Your challenge is to find containers that go with your sense of style.There are many ways to use ordinary living room and den furniture to store toys. You can hide toys in end tables with drawers, coffee tables with pull out baskets or drawers, and ottomans with removable lids. You can put children’s toy [...]
How do I organize the area that my kids enter and exit the house (for school)? Its through the garage that opens into my kitchen! You’ve got the entry way blues.. a common ailment of parents around the world. The secret to keeping it organized is: follow the traffic pattern. Where do people naturally want to drop [...]
Harris Interactive reports that 23 percent of adults say they pay bills late (and incur fees) because they lose them. Dealing with bills can feel like a never-ending battle. They come in, you have to put them somewhere, then you have to pay them, then you have to store them, then more come in. To [...]
U.S. Department of Energy reports that 25% of people with two-car garages fill it with too much stuff that they can’t park a car inside Getting bicycles organized can be a daunting experience. When I was a kid, as far as I know, there weren’t any fancy gadgets for getting bicycles off the floor and out of the way. Today [...]
How to organize, QUICKLY, the years of stored and collected personal papers like bank statements, important docs etc?
The quickest way I know to organize old papers is to categorize them using the broadest category as possible to sort the papers. For example, bank statements would be filed by bank and year. (Example: Suntrust/2011) Put all of your bank statements into a shoe-box or a file folder marked with the year and store [...]
Like many teens, you find it fun to collect nicknacks. They are often memorabilia, whimsical items that make you feel good, and sentimental items. So how do you make them look neat and organized? Here are some ideas for organizing your stuff: 1. Shelves – if you don’t have shelves, ask your parents for 2 [...]
Question: I’d love to hear some of the professional organizers’ advice/opinions on how to get the rest of the family on board with staying organized. The standard advice is get the family involved in each organization project and/or that the results will be so fabulous it will motivate everyone to keep the newly organized space in shape. My family is a [...]
What is the best way to store items that 14 month old isn’t using (bottles, play gyms, swing, jumper, etc.); I’d like to save them for child #2. Saving items for younger children can be fairly simple. The way I prefer to do it is by sorting items out chronologically based on when the next [...]
Important paperwork comes in 2 main flavors – Saved information – stuff you’re saving for REFERENCE Active information – Paperwork you are still working on or have to decide on before you can file it or toss it. The Active information needs to be kept in, on, or around your desk (or work space if [...]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Getting Your Travel Supplies Under Control July 16, 2012
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- kitchen cleaning: We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand...
- Recommended Site: I delight in the info on your site. thnx!...
- Deb Lee: Thanks for your comment, William. You're right --...
- Lisa: I got here because I am searching to buy more tote...
- Jamie: Great ideas and a great blog I just stumbled on! I...