Question: I’d love to hear some of the professional organizers’ advice/opinions on how to get the rest of the family on board with staying organized. The standard advice is get the family involved in each organization project and/or that the results will be so fabulous it will motivate everyone to keep the newly organized space in shape. My family is a […]
What is the best way to store items that 14 month old isn’t using (bottles, play gyms, swing, jumper, etc.); I’d like to save them for child #2. Saving items for younger children can be fairly simple. The way I prefer to do it is by sorting items out chronologically based on when the next […]
Important paperwork comes in 2 main flavors – Saved information – stuff you’re saving for REFERENCE Active information – Paperwork you are still working on or have to decide on before you can file it or toss it. The Active information needs to be kept in, on, or around your desk (or work space if […]
Q: What do I do with gifts I don’t like but I don’t feel right getting rid of? Someone took the time and effort to get them for me, but I have no use for them. A: What you’re describing is a feeling of obligation. You don’t have a sentimental attachment (happy or sad memory). […]
I am re-doing my laundry room and am looking for ideas on how to get organized. Any product suggestions?
Having an organized laundry is critical when trying to keep the laundry flowing through, and getting done. There are 7 steps to doing laundry!! And each step can cause a bottle-neck if you don’t have a space for it, or make the time. Step 1. Dirty Laundry – you will need a hamper in each […]
Q: I have lots of papers in my room in a box for myself and my 3 children - awards, taxes, receipts. I need help! What do I do? A: This is a very, very, VERY common issue in modern households. Even in this electronic era we have more papers to organize than ever before. […]
I’m a media specialist and we have 18 MP3 players that need to be organized. They’re currently dumped in a drawer. Any thoughts?
The first question is why do you have 18 MP3 players? If possible, pick your favorite one for every member of the household and sell or donate the rest if they are in working condition. You might even keep one extra in case someone’s breaks or is out of batteries. To organize them, pair each […]
I am wondering if you have any suggestions or ideas on how to teach my son (now 8 years old, 3rd grade) organization.
I’m in the same boat. My 3rd grader is having trouble keeping track of things as well. This is the year teachers stop reminding the children and let them start to keep track of their own things. Some are ready. Some are not. If you can make a checklist - words and pictures -and laminate the list or stick it into a page protector sheet and have him […]
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- What is the best way to organize good china and silverware as well as paper supplies for formal dinners and casual parties? August 30, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...