Three words: Measure, measure measure. No pantry shelf is the same—even some of your pantry shelves could be varying lengths and depths. Before going out and purchasing containers that don’t fit the space, measure your pantry. You’ll next want to count the types of snacks, cereals and other items you typically keep on stock (you [...]
What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats
There are a few questions you’ll have to answer to determine which solution will work best: 1. Where do you do your homework? In the kitchen? In the home office? In your bedroom? 2. Are you constantly needing items signed and reviewed by a parental guardian? 3. What are your retention guidelines? Do you keep [...]
Oh man how I love organizing a garage. It’s usually bulky stuff which makes the job go fast. Or just the opposite, you’ll find yourself needing homes for tiny bits and pieces (like tools and hardware) that are therapeutic to sort. But hopefully, there will be lots of expired and old items that you can [...]
Most home offices these days also need to function as an entirely separate space—housed all within one room. I always suggest folks make a list of what they envision for the space; accounting for your specific needs. Make sure to anticipate the needs of your guests as well. After assessing what the requirements for the [...]
This is a great category to get organized! Not only are canned goods a bit of a challenge (it’s hard to see what you have at a glance and folks typically over buy for this exact reason). When you’re coming up with an organizing solution for your canned goods, think about how many you typically [...]
Drawer space can be tricky because our go-to organizing tools that maximize space (like shelf risers and hooks) are rendered useless in this arena. I would say that adjustable drawer organizers will be your new best friend as well as open containers for corralling the small stuff. If you find that drawer dividers take up [...]
A clean slate to work with (while fun) can also be overwhelming as the sky is the limit to what you can create! Here’s how I would tackle this project: 1. Figure out your budget for a closet system. There are plenty of options out there and here are some of my favorites to take [...]
Creating an organized mud room is just as much about maintenance as it is about containerizing. If you don’t have family plan mapped out on how to keep this space tidy on an ongoing basis, your organizing success will ultimately derail. Let’s take a look at a few ways you can keep this room organized [...]
The thing I love about organizing jewelry is that are so many ways to store or display your collection. I’m going to share with you my top 3 ways to keep this category accessible and user friendly. 1. The easiest way I know to keep your gems in order is by repurposing small dishes and [...]
I have a few tricks up my sleeve for creating more storage in a home that are bound to wow guests and make everyone in the house happy. I tend to mix these ideas up–utilizing a few of this techniques in each room and depending on your decorating style, there are endless options when utilizing [...]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- Organizing winter scarves, hats, and mittens October 22, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- dermstore lavanila: I just had a baby 2 months ago, a wonderful baby b...
- metal building siding: It's amazing in favor of me to have a site, which...
- Renee Reader: Oh my, that's still 37 tote bags and string-mouth...
- Renee Reader: I really like the idea of using a vase or glass ja...
- Barney: I agree! Please make these and the larger totel...