There are many options for DVD storage. The first question to ask yourself is whether you want to store the DVDs in their cases or remove them from cases and store them in sleeves. If you want to store the DVDs in their original cases, your can choose storage furniture or bins. If you want to [...]
When you’re figuring out where to store things in your kitchen, think about flow. You want to make it easy to prepare food and to clean up without unnecessary steps. For example, store your dishes near your dishwasher to make it easy to empty it. Store your food storage containers near where you would fill [...]
If you have an attic you can use for storage, count your blessings! What you store in your attic might be affected by how easy it is to access it. If you have a simple staircase to the attic, great. You can store out-of-season items or anything you don’t need easy access to. If getting [...]
When it comes to organizing, I’m not fond of saying anything is the best way. Something that may be best for you may not be best for me. But let me tell you some good ways (and there are many others) to organize photos: Digitally on your computer: You can use a program in your [...]
Storing your makeup isn’t really different from how you might store your food in the pantry. You want to have the makeup that you use regularly close at hand and you can put the special occasion stuff in more remote spaces. If your makeup is a jumbled mess, here’s what I recommend: Start by weeding [...]
If the boxes in your garage are truly filled with clutter, the first step is to declutter. Empty the boxes and donate or discard anything you don’t need, use or love. That should reduce the quantity of stuff you need to organize. The next step is to categorize what you want to keep and decide [...]
I have 40-50 feet to store items: paper, beads, tools, paper cutter, paint, glue, fabric scraps. What lightweight, flexible, durable system would work?
Forty to 50 feet is a lot of space. Lucky you! I’m assuming that this is wall space. You could mount shelves on the wall and use light-weight plastic or cardboard containers to store your various craft items. In addition to shelves, you could mount magnetic spice tins to store items like beads. You can [...]
If I were sharing my office with a laundry room, I’d want to minimize the footprint of the laundry portion of the room. To do that, think about your vertical space. Can you mount shelves or cupboards on the wall above the washer and dryer to store detergent and other supplies? Perhaps you can get [...]
My room is the storage spot in my apartment, as well as other closet spaces. Please help with organization skills. Seeing is believing.
If you have a variety of storage spaces around your home, it can be easy to lose track of what’s kept where. One way to get around this is to sort everything into categories so that you can designate one storage area as the place for one type of item and another storage area for [...]
Do you have any ideas for storing brooms, the new Reveal mop, etc. on the stairways going to the cellar?
If you have a typical straight set of stairs to the cellar, you should be able to mount a set of hooks along the wall at the top of stairs. That’s a great place hang your Reveal mop, broom, or other cleaning implements. That wall space is typically unused in most homes. You can try [...]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Getting Your Travel Supplies Under Control July 16, 2012
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- kitchen cleaning: We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand...
- Recommended Site: I delight in the info on your site. thnx!...
- Deb Lee: Thanks for your comment, William. You're right --...
- Lisa: I got here because I am searching to buy more tote...
- Jamie: Great ideas and a great blog I just stumbled on! I...