The beginning of winter is a great time to declutter the closet where you keep your clothes and winter gear. You can make the project easy by breaking it down into steps. Work on coats first. If you can, empty the closet and take a look at each coat. Have any been outgrown? Are there […]
One of the areas in my home that I love is the bathroom closet. My home was built in 1908, at a time when closets didn’t seem to be much of a priority. But each of our bathrooms has a fairly large closet, which we use to store towels, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. One of […]
A clean slate to work with (while fun) can also be overwhelming as the sky is the limit to what you can create! Here’s how I would tackle this project: 1. Figure out your budget for a closet system. There are plenty of options out there and here are some of my favorites to take […]
How to change your closet with the seasons The leaves are changing color. The nights are getting cooler. And it’s time to break out some warmer clothes. If you live in a climate with seasonal changes, and you don’t have a large enough closet to fit all of your clothes, you need to do a […]
Question: I have an older home. The closets are old. Ceiling to floor is 95 inches high. Width wall to wall it is 59 inches long. What do you suggest? Answer: When designing a closet, it is best to find out some facts about the user such as: Are you male or female? Are you tall […]
When you’re thinking about organizing your closet, the very first thing to do is to go through your clothes and let go of any clothes you don’t love, that don’t fit, or that are stained or damaged. After you’ve pared your wardrobe down to the clothes you love and wear (and, I’d suggest, feel great […]
Q: I have a small room with a super small (4ft) closet! How can I get my closet organized? I have a LOT of clothes and shoes! A: Oh I wish I were there to customize your space with you! I have a few ideas for you that should get you moving in the right direction. […]
Hi NY Mom! Having the right storage solution is key to maintaining order. And, though all your closets may seem like they need attention, try to focus on one closet at a time so that you don’t get overwhelmed. You may want to start with closet that is used most often and then: Pick a […]
I hear a lot of comments through our FaceBook page and Twitter account about people complaining that they cannot organize because it costs money. And while we do sell some pretty awesome organizing products, organizing doesn't always have to involve purchasing things. Don't believe me? Well, here is my closet makeover I did purchasing ABSOLUTELY […]
I have a 4 ft closet space in my house and I wanted to maximaze the space. I got the configurations deluxe 4-8ft closet kit and knew this would improve the space I had from a single hang wardrobe shelf. Here's the steps I took and you can also follow these steps to help maximize […]
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...