The autumn weather may have moved you indoors, so perhaps you have time for some quick organizing projects that will make your home a bit more pleasant. None of these should take much time, but they could have a big impact! Declutter your keys. Take a few minutes and figure out which locks any unmarked […]
Personally, I don’t have anything against junk drawers. In my mind, it’s okay to have a drawer whose contents don’t fit into a clear category, as long as you know what you’re storing in it and can easily access the stuff. However, if you never de-junk your junk drawer, it’s hard to know what you’re […]
In the U.S., the beginning of the school year is just around the corner. For many parents, that means an influx of artwork from their young artistes. It can be challenging to figure out what to keep and how to keep it. Here are some things to keep in mind: The fewer items you keep, […]
If you want to get some spring cleaning done, often the first step is letting go of excess. Cleaning is much easier when there’s no clutter to work around! Here are three things to keep in mind to make decluttering and purging easier: 1. Stay honest. While decluttering, ask yourself the following questions when trying […]
Feeling baffled about how to organize something? Feeling too overwhelmed to begin? Keep these four tips in mind and you’ll have the job done in no time. Store like things together. It’s much better to have your adhesive bandages all together in a first aid bin than scattered over the house, right? This is true […]
One of the areas in my home that I love is the bathroom closet. My home was built in 1908, at a time when closets didn’t seem to be much of a priority. But each of our bathrooms has a fairly large closet, which we use to store towels, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. One of […]
Decorating your house for the holidays is a lot of work, but for most people, it’s a fun task, whose reward it the enjoyment of a decorated home. But who among us enjoys taking them down and putting them away? You can turn taking down your decorations into a rewarding activity by making it an […]
When you’re figuring out where to store things in your kitchen, think about flow. You want to make it easy to prepare food and to clean up without unnecessary steps. For example, store your dishes near your dishwasher to make it easy to empty it. Store your food storage containers near where you would fill […]
Harris Interactive reports that 23 percent of adults say they pay bills late (and incur fees) because they lose them. Dealing with bills can feel like a never-ending battle. They come in, you have to put them somewhere, then you have to pay them, then you have to store them, then more come in. To […]
If you’re a naturally messy person like me, creating organization for items you use every day can be tricky. I enjoy the visual peace created by putting everything away, but when I know I’m just going to get it out again soon, that can feel like wasted effort. Over the years, I’ve developed some ways […]
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Four tips to help you get any organizing project done April 10, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...