Personally, I don’t have anything against junk drawers. In my mind, it’s okay to have a drawer whose contents don’t fit into a clear category, as long as you know what you’re storing in it and can easily access the stuff. However, if you never de-junk your junk drawer, it’s hard to know what you’re […]
In the U.S., the beginning of the school year is just around the corner. For many parents, that means an influx of artwork from their young artistes. It can be challenging to figure out what to keep and how to keep it. Here are some things to keep in mind: The fewer items you keep, […]
If you want to get some spring cleaning done, often the first step is letting go of excess. Cleaning is much easier when there’s no clutter to work around! Here are three things to keep in mind to make decluttering and purging easier: 1. Stay honest. While decluttering, ask yourself the following questions when trying […]
Feeling baffled about how to organize something? Feeling too overwhelmed to begin? Keep these four tips in mind and you’ll have the job done in no time. Store like things together. It’s much better to have your adhesive bandages all together in a first aid bin than scattered over the house, right? This is true […]
One of the areas in my home that I love is the bathroom closet. My home was built in 1908, at a time when closets didn’t seem to be much of a priority. But each of our bathrooms has a fairly large closet, which we use to store towels, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. One of […]
Decorating your house for the holidays is a lot of work, but for most people, it’s a fun task, whose reward it the enjoyment of a decorated home. But who among us enjoys taking them down and putting them away? You can turn taking down your decorations into a rewarding activity by making it an […]
When you’re figuring out where to store things in your kitchen, think about flow. You want to make it easy to prepare food and to clean up without unnecessary steps. For example, store your dishes near your dishwasher to make it easy to empty it. Store your food storage containers near where you would fill […]
Harris Interactive reports that 23 percent of adults say they pay bills late (and incur fees) because they lose them. Dealing with bills can feel like a never-ending battle. They come in, you have to put them somewhere, then you have to pay them, then you have to store them, then more come in. To […]
If you’re a naturally messy person like me, creating organization for items you use every day can be tricky. I enjoy the visual peace created by putting everything away, but when I know I’m just going to get it out again soon, that can feel like wasted effort. Over the years, I’ve developed some ways […]
Theresa Finnigin, Professional Organizer – St. Louis, MO/Southwest Illinois – www.readyaimorganize.com What inspired you to become an organizer?As a child I was never the daughter my mom had to tell “clean your room.” I looked forward to spring break not because I got a week off school but because my mom and I would spend […]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Organizing Baking Supplies and Snacks March 11, 2013
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- What product would you suggest to store wrapping supplies, including large rolls, bows, tags, bags, etc.? January 2, 2013
- How do we store tools and bulky outdoor gear we use approx 2x per month? We have a narrow, deep closet. September 9, 2013
- De-junk your junk drawer! September 7, 2013
- My very small kitchen needs help with recycling September 6, 2013
- How do you store all of your odd shaped bakeware pans? September 4, 2013
- What is the best way to organize good china and silverware as well as paper supplies for formal dinners and casual parties? August 30, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...