As the weather gets warmer, it’s time to start thinking about what kind of getaway you might take this summer. Everyone’s idea of a great vacation is different, but there are a few principles you might keep in mind to help make your vacation a success. Plan ahead. If there’s time, start the planning process [...]
It’s spring cleaning time for many of us. If you have an overabundance of supplies spread around your house, consider these ideas for organizing and simplifying. Gather up your supplies. Bring together all your cleaning supplies from their various storage spots and take stock. Pluck out the ones you rarely use. (I think we all [...]
If you want to get some spring cleaning done, often the first step is letting go of excess. Cleaning is much easier when there’s no clutter to work around! Here are three things to keep in mind to make decluttering and purging easier: 1. Stay honest. While decluttering, ask yourself the following questions when trying [...]
Feeling baffled about how to organize something? Feeling too overwhelmed to begin? Keep these four tips in mind and you’ll have the job done in no time. Store like things together. It’s much better to have your adhesive bandages all together in a first aid bin than scattered over the house, right? This is true [...]
Getting and staying organized is one of those things that many people feel they should be able to do on their own, without professional assistance. But for many people, that’s much easier said than done. For those folks, hiring a professional organizer can transform their lives. Here are just a few of the ways that [...]
One of the areas in my home that I love is the bathroom closet. My home was built in 1908, at a time when closets didn’t seem to be much of a priority. But each of our bathrooms has a fairly large closet, which we use to store towels, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. One of [...]
I always encourage people not to get to wrapped up in finding the perfect place to donate their items. I see that kind of perfectionism standing in the way of people getting unwanted items out of their home. That said, I know it’s really a great feeling when you find the just right place to [...]
Decorating your house for the holidays is a lot of work, but for most people, it’s a fun task, whose reward it the enjoyment of a decorated home. But who among us enjoys taking them down and putting them away? You can turn taking down your decorations into a rewarding activity by making it an [...]
There are many options for DVD storage. The first question to ask yourself is whether you want to store the DVDs in their cases or remove them from cases and store them in sleeves. If you want to store the DVDs in their original cases, your can choose storage furniture or bins. If you want to [...]
When you’re figuring out where to store things in your kitchen, think about flow. You want to make it easy to prepare food and to clean up without unnecessary steps. For example, store your dishes near your dishwasher to make it easy to empty it. Store your food storage containers near where you would fill [...]
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- Organizing Baking Supplies and Snacks March 11, 2013
- Organizing winter scarves, hats, and mittens October 22, 2012
- Amz_gal: where did you get these labels?...
- Deb Lee: Hi Renee, Sorry for the delayed response! I act...
- dermstore lavanila: I just had a baby 2 months ago, a wonderful baby b...
- metal building siding: It's amazing in favor of me to have a site, which...
- Renee Reader: Oh my, that's still 37 tote bags and string-mouth...