Moving often comes with its own set of challenges–the biggest being that it’s expensive to pack up and move every year. One way to cut costs is to figure out a way to not have to buy moving boxes each time you change addresses. Here are a few ways to keep packing costs low while [...]
My husband is in the military and we move a lot. Any ideas on organization so we do not have to buy cardboard boxes each time?
So, one of the tips I learned from our professional organizer friends is to use visual cues to help you organize. Example….for kids, use photos so they can easily identify contents. For office, label file folders and tabs certain colors so it becomes easier to recognize things you need based on first sight. For putting things [...]
In most places these days listing your home is no easy feat. Along with the physical burden of getting your home ready to entice potential buyers, often comes a great deal of emotional stress too- I should know, my own home is currently up for sale! I'd like to share with you the three things [...]
Do you remember how much trash there was when you moved in/out from college? How crazy, overflowingly full the dumpsters were? I follow a blog from the website Earth911, and I was happy to find this story about Arizona State University and a program they have in place as students start to move out for the [...]
I love photos. I fill my home with them because I like to remember certain special times with people. I always tried to select my most favorite memory. Example: instead of having 12 different photos as a bridesmaid with friends getting married, I selected my favorite particular occasion with them. With one of my girl friends, I picked [...]
Hello friends! I have an announcement…..I'm moving! My fiance got a job in Switzerland so we will be packing up our house and moving across the pond. I promise that my organization days are not over. I have already promised Erin posts on small space living and how they organize things in Europe. That is, [...]
This sweepstakes is now over. Thank you for trying to enter. To view more chances to win, please visit http://www.rubbermaid.com/Pages/organizing-bonanza-day9.aspx The answer to the question is "Grouping items according to use" Day nine of our ORGANIZING SPREE is all about moving! Whether it is packing up your old home or settling into your new one, Rubbermaid [...]
Yes, it is true. I moved again into an apartment with a lease for a year AND I'M STAYING – at least for a while. For those of you who do not know, this was my third move in a year – yes ONE year – and yes it was STRESSFUL! This move was bigger [...]
I HATE moving. And I have had to do it a lot lately with almost no end in sight. Plus, it is not just me moving in and out of apartments, but my parents moving to different states. Needless to say I am amazed that I am able to find any of my things any [...]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- Organizing winter scarves, hats, and mittens October 22, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- dermstore lavanila: I just had a baby 2 months ago, a wonderful baby b...
- metal building siding: It's amazing in favor of me to have a site, which...
- Renee Reader: Oh my, that's still 37 tote bags and string-mouth...
- Renee Reader: I really like the idea of using a vase or glass ja...
- Barney: I agree! Please make these and the larger totel...