Feeling baffled about how to organize something? Feeling too overwhelmed to begin? Keep these four tips in mind and you’ll have the job done in no time. Store like things together. It’s much better to have your adhesive bandages all together in a first aid bin than scattered over the house, right? This is true […]
Getting and staying organized is one of those things that many people feel they should be able to do on their own, without professional assistance. But for many people, that’s much easier said than done. For those folks, hiring a professional organizer can transform their lives. Here are just a few of the ways that […]
How do I organize the area that my kids enter and exit the house (for school)? Its through the garage that opens into my kitchen! You’ve got the entry way blues.. a common ailment of parents around the world. The secret to keeping it organized is: follow the traffic pattern. Where do people naturally want to drop […]
My room is the storage spot in my apartment, as well as other closet spaces. Please help with organization skills. Seeing is believing.
If you have a variety of storage spaces around your home, it can be easy to lose track of what’s kept where. One way to get around this is to sort everything into categories so that you can designate one storage area as the place for one type of item and another storage area for […]
If you’re a naturally messy person like me, creating organization for items you use every day can be tricky. I enjoy the visual peace created by putting everything away, but when I know I’m just going to get it out again soon, that can feel like wasted effort. Over the years, I’ve developed some ways […]
This is a guest post written by Certified Professional Organizer Tiffany Engler. Have you ever tried to buy a pair of black shoes? I decided I needed a new pair because my current pair found its way into my puppyʼs mouth. So on a whim one day after work I went to the mall. Two […]
Even though I’ve never been to your home, I bet there are 5 categories of belongings that you could purge right now. And while I usually promote taking the time to organize an entire zone, cabinet or drawer, it’s always helpful to start small and maintain your collections of things. Purging these items can also […]
This is usually one of the first questions my clients ask! The organizing process looks different for everyone and how long it’s going to take depends on a couple of factors. Clients will often dictate how fast we work so it’s important to be prepped (eating a hearty breakfast and getting a good nights sleep) […]
I hear that question a lot! Take a deep breathe… and instead of thinking big, think small. Choose a small and emotionally low risk project. Then work your way up to more emotionally charged areas. A kitchen pantry or medicine cabinet is a great example. It’s simple to sort, purge and put back together. The emotional […]
Greg and Rachel are dear friends who got a Roughneck shed last winter. Below is what Greg has to say about their new shed. Here is the pic of the shed in their backyard. GREG WROTE… “As new homeowners, my wife and I didn’t know what we were getting ourselves into. We had to combine two […]
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- What is the best way to organize good china and silverware as well as paper supplies for formal dinners and casual parties? August 30, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...