Harris Interactive reports that 23 percent of adults say they pay bills late (and incur fees) because they lose them. Dealing with bills can feel like a never-ending battle. They come in, you have to put them somewhere, then you have to pay them, then you have to store them, then more come in. To […]
How to change your closet with the seasons The leaves are changing color. The nights are getting cooler. And it’s time to break out some warmer clothes. If you live in a climate with seasonal changes, and you don’t have a large enough closet to fit all of your clothes, you need to do a […]
How to organize, QUICKLY, the years of stored and collected personal papers like bank statements, important docs etc?
The quickest way I know to organize old papers is to categorize them using the broadest category as possible to sort the papers. For example, bank statements would be filed by bank and year. (Example: Suntrust/2011) Put all of your bank statements into a shoe-box or a file folder marked with the year and store […]
Question: I have an older home. The closets are old. Ceiling to floor is 95 inches high. Width wall to wall it is 59 inches long. What do you suggest? Answer: When designing a closet, it is best to find out some facts about the user such as: Are you male or female? Are you tall […]
Greg and Rachel are dear friends who got a Roughneck shed last winter. Below is what Greg has to say about their new shed. Here is the pic of the shed in their backyard. GREG WROTE… “As new homeowners, my wife and I didn’t know what we were getting ourselves into. We had to combine two […]
I was having a hard time deciding what to do with all of the things I used to post on our old [magnetic] fridge. With our new one being stainless, the front is not magnetic. I asked for your help in this post, and between your blog and facebook comments, I got some great ideas! […]
I saw this post on Professional Organizer Theresa Finnigin's blog and just had to share (with her permission of course)! Theresa is owner of Ready Aim Organize. She serves the San Deigo, Ca area but has also does online organization coaching. Be sure to check out her site: http://www.readyaimorganize.com Do you buy in bulk at […]
Do you remember how much trash there was when you moved in/out from college? How crazy, overflowingly full the dumpsters were? I follow a blog from the website Earth911, and I was happy to find this story about Arizona State University and a program they have in place as students start to move out for the […]
Thanks to our fridge breaking down, we made an unplanned appliance purchase last weekend. Our fridge was not super old, but not super new by any means. You can see the old fridge from this post about fridge organization. (Scroll down to see mine – a white double-door fridge.) As you will see from the photo, […]
Yes, it was ambitious. Yes, we planned on doing it over our holiday break. Yes, we have had the product for a long time and just kept talking about it…and talking about it…But we finally just woke up on Saturday and said, "Let's redo the closet today." So we did. Here is the before video: […]
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- What is the best way to organize good china and silverware as well as paper supplies for formal dinners and casual parties? August 30, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...