It’s spring cleaning time for many of us. If you have an overabundance of supplies spread around your house, consider these ideas for organizing and simplifying. Gather up your supplies. Bring together all your cleaning supplies from their various storage spots and take stock. Pluck out the ones you rarely use. (I think we all [...]
Feeling baffled about how to organize something? Feeling too overwhelmed to begin? Keep these four tips in mind and you’ll have the job done in no time. Store like things together. It’s much better to have your adhesive bandages all together in a first aid bin than scattered over the house, right? This is true [...]
Getting and staying organized is one of those things that many people feel they should be able to do on their own, without professional assistance. But for many people, that’s much easier said than done. For those folks, hiring a professional organizer can transform their lives. Here are just a few of the ways that [...]
Decorating your house for the holidays is a lot of work, but for most people, it’s a fun task, whose reward it the enjoyment of a decorated home. But who among us enjoys taking them down and putting them away? You can turn taking down your decorations into a rewarding activity by making it an [...]
Harris Interactive reports that 23 percent of adults say they pay bills late (and incur fees) because they lose them. Dealing with bills can feel like a never-ending battle. They come in, you have to put them somewhere, then you have to pay them, then you have to store them, then more come in. To [...]
This post is written by Chicago Professional Organizer Pooja Gugnani, founder and owner of Organizing With You. While it may not be a formal medical diagnosis, it is a well-accepted fact that there is a direct correlation between organization and our mental well being. How much effect does clutter have on our lives? The answer [...]
Question: I have an older home. The closets are old. Ceiling to floor is 95 inches high. Width wall to wall it is 59 inches long. What do you suggest? Answer: When designing a closet, it is best to find out some facts about the user such as: Are you male or female? Are you tall [...]
Last Tuesday, the team and I made it to Mary’s Room to complete the makeover they won (see the post here for details). Good news: The room that we were installing closet systems and garage organization systems to help organize was clear and clean. Mary’s Room had received a separate grant to update and add [...]
This is a guest post written by Professional Organizer Lea Schneider from Pensacola FL and owner of OrganizeRightNow.com. Summertime on the boat may be a time to relax but you never want to relax about safety. I’ve been organizing for nearly ten years but only sailing for a year or so. Certification lessons at the [...]
If you’re a naturally messy person like me, creating organization for items you use every day can be tricky. I enjoy the visual peace created by putting everything away, but when I know I’m just going to get it out again soon, that can feel like wasted effort. Over the years, I’ve developed some ways [...]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Getting Your Travel Supplies Under Control July 16, 2012
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- kitchen cleaning: We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand...
- Recommended Site: I delight in the info on your site. thnx!...
- Deb Lee: Thanks for your comment, William. You're right --...
- Lisa: I got here because I am searching to buy more tote...
- Jamie: Great ideas and a great blog I just stumbled on! I...