Keeping your papers organized can sometimes be a challenge. Before attempting to put the papers away, you’ll first need to figure what types of documents you have and put them in categories. So, you might have business papers (like taxes, policies, client information) and personal papers (like home repair/maintenance, insurance, appliances). Once you have you […]
U.S. Department of Energy reports that 25% of people with two-car garages fill it with too much stuff that they can’t park a car inside Getting bicycles organized can be a daunting experience. When I was a kid, as far as I know, there weren’t any fancy gadgets for getting bicycles off the floor and out of the way. Today […]
Where do I store away my dirty clothes until I get around to washing them? No ugly hamper, only 6 foot closet.
Thanks for your question! Many of us do use hampers (either single- or three-compartment models) to collect our dirty clothing until laundry day. But, there are other options that can work well, too. Under the bed The space under the bed is often used for storing seasonal items. Why not use it as a spot […]
Ribbons can be used for so many crafts and, of course, come in handy when wrapping presents or tying pigtails. Depending on how you plan to use your ribbon, keep these strategies in mind: Keep them in the room that they are used most often (if possible). Group them by type (e.g., curling, Jacquard) then […]
Depending on your specific circumstances, I’ve listed a few ways to keep your cloth diapers organized and easily accessible. When you find the solution that works for you, be sure to come back and tell us all about it. Thanks for your question! Use a container Find a container that: You like Is big enough to fit […]
When you have a large collection of yarn, think about how you want to categorize them so that they’re easier to find. To keep track of all your skeins, create an inventory either on paper or by using a spread sheet. You can also use Ravelry, a free website that lets you track of all your […]
Having a large number of medicine bottles can be a challenge to keep track of and to store. Where you keep them will depend on the size of your bottles and if they need to be kept at a certain temperature. When possible, keep them all in the same location, perhaps the place that you […]
Important paperwork comes in 2 main flavors – Saved information – stuff you’re saving for REFERENCE Active information – Paperwork you are still working on or have to decide on before you can file it or toss it. The Active information needs to be kept in, on, or around your desk (or work space if […]
Do you have any ideas for storing brooms, the new Reveal mop, etc. on the stairways going to the cellar?
If you have a typical straight set of stairs to the cellar, you should be able to mount a set of hooks along the wall at the top of stairs. That’s a great place hang your Reveal mop, broom, or other cleaning implements. That wall space is typically unused in most homes. You can try […]
I have every craft imaginable. I purchased containers & shelves. Where and how do I start organizing?
Do you actually do every craft imaginable? Many folks get excited about a craft and buy all sorts of supplies, then find out they don’t actually have that much enthusiasm for the craft. (It’s happened to me!) If you have supplies for crafts you don’t really love, I’d recommend donating them. That will give you […]
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...