This post is written by certified professional organizer Tiffany Engler. What happened to vacations? I remember back to my school days when I would count down the minutes to the annual 4th of July family vacation. I would pack a bag or two – with my mom’s help – and then jump in the van. [...]
Like many teens, you find it fun to collect nicknacks. They are often memorabilia, whimsical items that make you feel good, and sentimental items. So how do you make them look neat and organized? Here are some ideas for organizing your stuff: 1. Shelves – if you don’t have shelves, ask your parents for 2 [...]
If the boxes in your garage are truly filled with clutter, the first step is to declutter. Empty the boxes and donate or discard anything you don’t need, use or love. That should reduce the quantity of stuff you need to organize. The next step is to categorize what you want to keep and decide [...]
This post is written by Chicago Professional Organizer Pooja Gugnani, founder and owner of Organizing With You. While it may not be a formal medical diagnosis, it is a well-accepted fact that there is a direct correlation between organization and our mental well being. How much effect does clutter have on our lives? The answer [...]
I have 40-50 feet to store items: paper, beads, tools, paper cutter, paint, glue, fabric scraps. What lightweight, flexible, durable system would work?
Forty to 50 feet is a lot of space. Lucky you! I’m assuming that this is wall space. You could mount shelves on the wall and use light-weight plastic or cardboard containers to store your various craft items. In addition to shelves, you could mount magnetic spice tins to store items like beads. You can [...]
This is a guest post written by Professional Organizer Lea Schneider from Pensacola FL and owner of OrganizeRightNow.com. Sometimes, there is a plan before you touch the clutter. And sometimes, you simply have to dig in and touch the clutter to come up with a plan. If you don’t know what all is there, you [...]
Every January, many of us make resolutions. We make a plan to create positive changes in our lives. Unfortunately, by the time March rolls around, those goals are usually forgotten or given up on. But, why wait until January to resolve to doing things differently? Consider doing a midyear check-in instead. This is a great [...]
One of the smartest organizational changes I made in my pantry was to start storing my food-storage containers with the lids on the containers. It wasn’t my idea. In fact, I resisted it when my friend, a fellow professional organizer with whom I occasionally swap services, suggested it. I was sure I it would take [...]
Ribbons can be used for so many crafts and, of course, come in handy when wrapping presents or tying pigtails. Depending on how you plan to use your ribbon, keep these strategies in mind: Keep them in the room that they are used most often (if possible). Group them by type (e.g., curling, Jacquard) then [...]
I prefer a laundry basket over traditional hampers for sorting, folding and returning laundry to it’s proper home! I do however use a narrow hamper in between my washer and dryer to catch the kitchen and bath towels. If you have the room, sort as you go… place 2 hampers in each clothes closet: one for whites, one [...]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- Organizing winter scarves, hats, and mittens October 22, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- dermstore lavanila: I just had a baby 2 months ago, a wonderful baby b...
- metal building siding: It's amazing in favor of me to have a site, which...
- Renee Reader: Oh my, that's still 37 tote bags and string-mouth...
- Renee Reader: I really like the idea of using a vase or glass ja...
- Barney: I agree! Please make these and the larger totel...