If I were sharing my office with a laundry room, I’d want to minimize the footprint of the laundry portion of the room. To do that, think about your vertical space. Can you mount shelves or cupboards on the wall above the washer and dryer to store detergent and other supplies? Perhaps you can get [...]
Lea Schneider, Professional Organizer – Pensacola, FL – www.organizerightnow.com How long have you been a professional organizer?Organizing as a career began when I opened Organize & More in Tennessee in early 2003. When I relocated to Florida, the name changed to Organize Right Now LLC. Honestly, I think I’ve been organizing all of my life, [...]
Guest Post By:Deb Lee, CPO – Upper Marlboro, MD – www.dallisonlee.com Recently, over 600 professional organizers descended on Columbus, Ohio for the 22nd Annual Conference and Organizing Exposition hosted by the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO). There were attendees from California, Florida, New Zealand, Texas, and other far reaching places. When the conference doesn’t [...]
Cathi Nelson, Personal Photo Organizer – West Hartford, CT – www.personal-photo-organizer.com 1) What is a PPO?We call ourselves Personal Photo Organizers because the personal is key. This is a new industry that did not exist until recently. Two and a half years ago I started to realize that people were becoming lost and overwhelmed by [...]
Geralin Thomas, CPO – Cary, NC – www.metropolitanorganizing.com 1) How long have you been a professional organizer?I joined NAPO, North Carolina in August of 2003 and consider that my “official” start date. Before that, I was on the ‘friends and family plan’, meaning I helped friends and relatives who knew I loved organizing people’s time, [...]
As much as we enjoy to talk to our professional organizer friends on Twitter and getting their great input and insight on our blog posts…just think about how much we love seeing them in person! Last week, this came true! Erin, Jim and I had the opportunity to hang out with the NAPO (National Association [...]
Melissa Smallwood – Falling Waters, WV – www.organizedlifebydesign.com 1) How long have you been a professional organizer?This has been my full time profession for three years. 2) What inspired you to become a PO?I am your typical (recovering) Type A personality and realized that many people don’t come by organization as naturally as I do. [...]
Kitchen Organizing Blog Talk Radio Show with Professional Organizer Julie Sprouse Verleger of The Organized Home
Yesterday Lauren, Erin and I participated in a Blog Talk Radio show with professional organizer Julie Sprouse Verleger of The Organized Home. We talked about Rubbermaid products that can help you get your kitchen drawers, cabinets, pantry and food storage containers in order. Be sure to take a listen. It was a fun show. You [...]
Liz Jenkins :: www.afreshspace.com:: Home Staging :: Professional Organizing :: Project Management:: National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO):: NAWBO Nashville Board of Directors 1) How long have you been a professional organizer?I've been an organizer for 4 years. 2) What is the most common organizing project you’re hired to do?Home offices & papers (piles and [...]
Angie Weid – Professional organizer and Rocket scientist of Organized Solutions – Temperance, MI – www.iorganizeyou.com 1) How long have you been a professional organizer?Wow! It was officially 5 years this past September, though my friends and family say I’ve been doing it my whole life. 2) What inspired you to become a professional organizer?After [...]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Getting Your Travel Supplies Under Control July 16, 2012
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- kitchen cleaning: We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand...
- Recommended Site: I delight in the info on your site. thnx!...
- Deb Lee: Thanks for your comment, William. You're right --...
- Lisa: I got here because I am searching to buy more tote...
- Jamie: Great ideas and a great blog I just stumbled on! I...